Washington is trying to become Penguins 2.0. Ovechkin will never be Sidney, even if Washington steals all the Pens that previously played with him.

I would have gone after Niskanen if I were them, but I don't get the Orpik signing. I like him, but he's slowed down a lot this year compared to even last year, and a five year deal for him is too much. As for Niskanen, he certainly had a huge year, and was a huge part for the Pens success when guys like Martin, Letang, Orpik and Scuderi went down with injuries, but I think all the extra minutes got to him, especially after the break and into the playoffs.

I am interested in seeing Pittsburgh's defense this year, especially if they bring up some of the younger guys.

Washington is trying to become Penguins 2.0. Ovechkin will never be Sidney, even if Washington steals all the Pens that previously played with him.

I would have gone after Niskanen if I were them, but I don't get the Orpik signing. I like him, but he's slowed down a lot this year compared to even last year, and a five year deal for him is too much. As for Niskanen, he certainly had a huge year, and was a huge part for the Pens success when guys like Martin, Letang, Orpik and Scuderi went down with injuries, but I think all the extra minutes got to him, especially after the break and into the playoffs.

I am interested in seeing Pittsburgh's defense this year, especially if they bring up some of the younger guys.

I'm a guy who hates change to be honest. I know it needs to be done but I have a hard time accepting it. Even when Matt Cooke left and I knew he was a dirty player, I was all "RAH RAH STUPID!" I'll get used to the changes, especially if it makes the Pens more competitive than they seemed to be in the playoffs.

I wish Pittsburgh had kept Cooke, he might have been dirty at times, but I guarantee you that Crosby wouldn't have taken that abuse during the playoffs with Cooke there. I like Niskanen and Orpik, but the only change that really upset me was the Neal trade.

I am a little annoyed that we took Glass for 3 years, 1.45, when boyle went for 2 years, 2 million. Also, why is Glass making the same as D. Moore? Ugh!

Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa jail according to a report from the Ottawa Sun. The alleged incident that reportedly landed the Flyers forward in handcuffs involved a police officer.

More from the Sun:

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

The incident occurred at a bar in the Byward Market the source said.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

Sources say he is expected to be released without any criminal charges.

So that obviously doesn't sound good. Giroux is a native of Hearst, Ont., but lives in Ottawa in the offseason according to the Sun. As is always the case, with so few details currently, it's hard to jump to any conclusions, but this doesn't look good for Giroux, who was a Hart Trophy finalist this year.

More details will be added as soon as they become available.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24604149/report-flyers-captain-claude-giroux-arrested-in-ottawa