24th Overall Selection

50th Overall Selection

Vancouver lost:

Ryan Kesler

Jason Garrison

Jeff Costello

2015 3rd Round Pick

2015 7th Round Pick

This is going to be a very different team next year. The question is, can they stay good enough to avoid a "rebuild", and if not, how long until the Sedin's are being seriously considered for a trade?

Never? Why would you ever trade them? their trade value now is abysmal, they are old and with a huge cap hit. they are lifers here.

I think, being a fan of a rebuilding team that waited too long, that if you're going to rebuild, you need to get what you can for the players that won't be around for the successful years anyways. Calgary should have moved Iggy and Kiprusoff way before the 2013 trade deadline. We ended up getting less for Iginla than we could have earlier, and Kiprusoff chose to just retire.

If there's a team that can take Daniel and Henrik, that can give back a decent return, I think you have to do that... unless Benning and the Canucks feel like they rebound from the disappointing 13/14 campaign and have a better year this season.

It's incredibly unlikely that someone can take that cap hit without dumping a bad contract or two on the Canucks, but they might be able to snag some top prospects in the process as well.

Right now their trade value is abysmally low and their mentor and leadership skills are still incredibly high. trading then would be the ultimate example of buying high and selling low. Nonsensical.

Speaking of nonsense, Philly is trying to move up and pick first and floated out Vinny as a sweetener. When did you get a job in the Philly office gabe?

Riberio bought out.

Edit:

Mike Kelly ‏@MikeKellyNHL 54s

Hearing Panthers seriously considering an offer from the Maple Leafs for the #1 overall pick. JVR centerpiece with others going to FLA

AHHHH!!!!!! No no no no.

Of all their long term contracts his might be the best. But they aren't winning with the Kessel-Phaneuf-Clarkson-Lupul-Bozak-JVR core. Cutting salary and picking up a potential game changing asset? Worth losing JVR over.

James Neal for Evander Kane.

Edmit: might be fake, was posted by @jamesneal who might not be the real james neal.

Edited by SeanDCouturier

Speaking of nonsense, Philly is trying to move up and pick first and floated out Vinny as a sweetener. When did you get a job in the Philly office gabe?

I'm the new Canadian Pro Scout. Mr. Hextall hired me because he can pay me minimum wage.

Everyone's clearly undervaluing Mr. Vincent Lecavalier if they think that he won't be the centerpiece of our deal to move up and select Michael Dal Colle with the first overall selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

You didn't hear it from me, but the deal's already been agreed to. It's the aforementioned Vincent Lecavalier and stud defenseman Braydon Coburn going to Florida for the 1st Overall pick and Ed Jovanovski.

We're thrilled in the Flyers organization to be adding two pieces to our team that will put us over the top and have the great city of Philadelphia planning the Stanley Cup parade for 2015.

Unless the Leafs can get into the top 3-4 to draft Bennett, I think I want them to pick up Nick Ritchie at 8 (assuming he's still there).

I figure the draft goes...

1. Ekbald

2. Reinhart

3. Bennett/Draisaitl

4. Bennett/Draisaitl

5. Nylander

6. DalColle

7. Ehlers

So far so good!