If I'm the GM of the Leafs, I trade away Franson, Winnik, and Santorelli, and anyone else I can move for picks. Then, at the draft, if we don't have a top 5 pick, we use some of the assets we got for those players and move up.

If I'm the GM of the Leafs, I trade away Franson, Winnik, and Santorelli, and anyone else I can move for picks. Then, at the draft, if we don't have a top 5 pick, we use some of the assets we got for those players and move up.

Why stop there? I'd trade Lupul too. JVR/Kessel/Dion if we can get a big return.

I wouldn't trade JVR. He is still young enough, along with Kadri, to be part of the next core of the team.

Kessel, I'm not sure.

Phaneuf, I think, is stuck here for awhile. Not sure if many teams want that contract.

Toronto needs to get rid of Phaneuf and Kessel....but not to my Pens cause we don't want them.

Kessel would likely put up 40-45 goals if he was with Crosby and/or Malkin. Who wouldn't want that?!

Pretty sure people said the same thing about Iginla. That didn't turn out that well either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZDSsUTU34

I have given up on the season, now I'm just laughing at the hilarity of all of this. The Leafs haven't lost 10 in a row since 1967.

As of right now? The Leafs have a 7.5% chance of winning the lottery. The Blue Jackets and Coyotes? I can see them passing us. Carolina/Edmonton/Buffalo? Unless they go on a winning streak, unlikely.

It's almost like I was right about sacking Carlyle without the proper replacement ready!

Carlyle was still a shit coach that could have ruined our good young players. Rielly is adapting well, and I'm hoping Gardnier can turn it around. Just glad he didn't get his hands on Nylander.