Giving away wingers when you NEED top 6 wingers. Smart.

Wanna trade your 1st+ for Lupul? :shifty:

Justin Fisher ‏@thejustinfisher 46s

Nylander does not have an SHL contract for next season. He's eligible to come over and, if not for the Leafs, play for the Marlies.

Having him on the Marlies would be great.

I was thinking salary dump, then I saw Hornqvists contract was the same term and only $750 thousand less a year. Pittsburgh got hosed. Probably more to the story coming.

I doubt there's more to it than JR being incredibly stupid. Neal was one of Shero's greatest steals and one of the few that could play with Malkin and they give him away. Ugh!

I was thinking salary dump, then I saw Hornqvists contract was the same term and only $750 thousand less a year. Pittsburgh got hosed. Probably more to the story coming.

That's what Sports Centre was talking about. They were laying it down to opening up some cap space.

Riberio bought out.

Coyotes' GM came right out and said it was down to personal issues and that Ribeiro was missing buses, showing up late, getting into arguments, etc. He's sort of a notorious party guy & is apparently getting some help over the offseason. Truly hope it works out for him.

I'm interested to see how Hornqvist does on a team that's actually trying to score goals as a priority. If you can consistently score 20 or more in a full season playing for Barry Trotz, there's hope for what you can do on Malkin's wing, I think. Neal's a better pure scorer but not without his own downsides as a player. Nashville needs a legit center for him, otherwise it's kind of a superfluous trade.

Leafs just traded Gunnerson. I am sad now :(

Stun Gun and a 4th (because who needs picks?) for Roman Polak. Who is he? Any good?

And the Leafs retained Salary.

In much betterererer news, Nathan Walker finally gets to be drafted. Super-excited for him :)

Fucking hell alive, that trade has just undone a huge amount of the goodwill I had for Nonis and co. We trade one of the team's few genuine bright spots for a player who tops out as a lateral move and actually give up extra for the privilege. Has somebody in the organisation been a Blues sleeper agent all this time?