Champions League 2014/15

DFF

If my calculations are correct, regardless of our result at Schalke, we will qualify if we avoid defeat against Sporting at home.

The only difference being that if we lose to Schalke, we will probably be qualifying in 2nd.

Seems blaming the ref is a nice way out of ignoring the fact that it was another poor performance from City. No way should a team of your calibre be losing games to CSKA and struggling to beat a 10 man united team with a ridiculous back 4. There are some major problems in that camp.

I'm a big time City fan and even I can't defend that shoddy performance last night. Yes, the referee had an absolute shocker (he pulled an Andre Marriner by carding the wrong Moscow player, and that might have contributed to Yaya Toure completely losing his head), but we wouldn't have won that game even if the referee got every single decision right. Teams go through rough patches from time to time, I accept that, but we really need to pull our socks up or we won't be getting anywhere close to winning silverware this year

From what I heard from the majority of Man City callers last night on the radio, they don't give a shit about the Champions League. I get the impression neither the club nor players do either to be honest.

I can believe that. If it's true it's a disappointing attitude though. We were always going to struggle to make it very far TBH but we're the current champions of England. We're not playing like that at the moment, and if we don't do something about it soon we'll be lucky to have any kind of major success this season, in any competition. As I said, I'm hoping this is just a rough patch but we can't afford to find out

Why were Man City always going to struggle to make it far? You have a ridiculously good squad and have spent a fortune on it. I don't understand why anyone sees them as underdogs. I get the impression there's a feeling around the club that they are lucky to be where they are whereas Chelsea, when they became a loadsa money club, went all-out to win everything.

• Like 2

Because of the UEFA conspiracy to keep them down. They won the Premiership, they should be #1 seeds. Arsenal haven't won anything in years, why are they seeded? It's disgusting.

• Like 2