True Detective

livid

I don't think I'll be watching this season of True Detective. I love the concept but casting 3 of the least watchable actors in the leads means I am not invested in it at all.

The good thing? Unless Farrell and Vaughn utterly destroy the franchise (they could, trust me) the next incarnation might appeal to me.

And John Carter was a perfectly fine movie, whose failings have nothing to do with Kitsch's acting. And Vince Vaughn is likely going to be fantastic.

But hey, keep a closed mind about it, it's not like the season featuring Woody from Cheers and the star of 100 late 90's romantic comedies delivered something great.

If want to find something to dislike about it an give you a reason not to watch, that's exactly what is going to happen.

• Like 3

And Matthew McConaughey was in Fool's Gold.

I'll tell you this Benkid, I pretty much never agree with your opinions, but you are welcome to them.

I never thought about watching the first season of True Detective because McConaughey's film resume is littered with mostly steaming piles of excrement. Unwatchable rom-coms with Kate Hudson, one of the worst movies of all time in Sahara...

yet Harrelson has a very solid film history... once enough people started saying enough good things about the show I checked it out and enjoyed it.

It's been a decade since Vaughn has been anything memorable and when he writes his own material is makes the poetic style of Carrottop be missed.

Farrell has yet to put in a performance I found entertaining. I know a lot of people enjoyed In Bruges, I hated it.

And there were a lot of things wrong about John Carter, most of them fall to promotion and marketing, but Kirsch delivered a cardboard performance at best.

So... yah... I'm not signed up for True Dicks, Season Two... even if they cast 3 dicks.

So... yah... I'm not signed up for True Dicks, Season Two... even if they cast 3 dicks.

Do you attribute the monkey's who write your shit, or do you try to pass it off as your own?

Like the noble thespian Shia LeBeouf I acknowledge my plagiarism, if you need time to go look up those polysyllabic big words ApSham... I can wait for you to copy and paste them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

First teaser for Season 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfU7CGY5DQ

More of a tone-setter than anything else but we have a premiere date: 6/21! I know people are down on it because they failed to deliver on some of the names that were being considered but I can't wait!

• Like 3

First teaser for Season 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfU7CGY5DQ

More of a tone-setter than anything else but we have a premiere date: 6/21! I know people are down on it because they failed to deliver on some of the names that were being considered but I can't wait!

Here's the synopsis:

A bizarre murder brings together three law-enforcement officers and a career criminal, each of whom must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal in the scorched landscapes of California. Colin Farrell is Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective in the all-industrial City of Vinci, LA County. Vince Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his lifes work, while his wife and closest ally (Kelly Reilly), struggles with his choices and her own. Rachel McAdams is Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriffs detective often at odds with the system she serves, while Taylor Kitsch plays Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol who discovers a crime scene which triggers an investigation involving three law enforcement groups, multiple criminal collusions, and billions of dollars.

Edited by livid
  • Like 1