True Detective

livid

True Detective season 2 episode 2..

Literally five minutes before the final moments of that episode I said to myself "It'd be weird if they killed off one of these main characters early in the season" .. Then that goes and happens. Not sure how I feel about it but I'm very interested to figure out what the hell is going on.

What... the fuck. I mean - there's no way that he's alive right? There can't be he could in no way get to a hospital in any reasonable amount of time. I was guessing that this might happen. But he's listed as being in the whole season - but is that information repuatable or did people just assume? My mind is blown.

Edited by Apsham

What... the fuck. I mean - there's no way that he's alive right? There can't be he could in no way get to a hospital in any reasonable amount of time. I was guessing that this might happen. But he's listed as being in the whole season - but is that information repuatable or did people just assume? My mind is blown.

They would list him as a cast member for the whole season so as not to tip their hand. I wouldn't read much into it either way. They didn't even tip it with the previews next week so I'm sure they're keeping a tight lid on it.

Good stuff. Am really interested to see what the fallout from this is.

I'm pretty sure we will see flashback scenes with Farrell and Vaughn's characters throughout the season.

I keep debating in my head on whether it's a cop out or not, but the lack of blood spurting out makes me feel like the gun may have been loaded with rubber bullets riot control style. Maybe to send a message to go away? Either way, I don't think he's dead. And I'm really looking forward to figuring out what the hell is going on.

I keep debating in my head on whether it's a cop out or not, but the lack of blood spurting out makes me feel like the gun may have been loaded with rubber bullets riot control style. Maybe to send a message to go away? Either way, I don't think he's dead. And I'm really looking forward to figuring out what the hell is going on.

That's actually.. a really good call. I didn't think about that. Either way, the case just lost their inside guy for the 'higher interests' a while so I'd be interested in seeing in they try to move Taylor's character in that direction instead.

I guess fan speculation is moving towards this season having to do with the Bohemian Grove which I would be all for.

Didn't think of that. That would be okay. If he was shot twice with a shot gun - one directly to the gut as he lied on the floor - then no way he'd be surviving, it'd be implausible and a real quick way of turning me off for the season so early on.

It's been really good. Better? :P

Seriously though, I've really liked this season so far. It's taken a bit to get going but this week's episode was fantastic. All the actors, especially McAdams and Farrell, are doing great work. Some of the dialogue is clunky in parts (but oddly a lot easier to digest on a second viewing) but other than that, I'm still all-in. 

• Like 1

Yeah I've really enjoyed this season so far,  it's been kinda slow out of the blocks but it feels like it is going to pick up pace rapidly. 

The first scene last week with Ray and his dad at the bar with the Conway Twitty impersonator in the background was one of my favorite from any show in recent memory. Haunting but beautiful in terms of content and visual quality.

I'm really enjoying this season, and I think if people could detach it from season 1, the reception would be a lot better. Unfortunately, most of the discussion (not here but elsewhere) seems to be this nitpick circlejerk about how awful it is. I'll admit it's not perfect, but you would think it was the worst show in the entire world by these comments. I don't know if that's mostly coming from season 1 binge-watchers with rose-tinted glasses or if people just actively want to dislike it because of it's hype or from crazed Fukunaga fanboys or something, but it's really odd. Even odder that they continue to watch past the halfway point. If it sucks so badly, stop wasting your own time. (I realize the irony coming from someone who still watches Monday Night Raw)

Ive learned to separate this season from the last one even before this season began and because of it I have been enjoying it. I really like McAdams, Ferrell, and Vaughn as they have been splendid. The other protagonist I forget his name because he really does nothing for me at all. I forget he is there most of the time honestly.

Only complaint I have I think is the backstory and story theres tons of things going on and it seems like a huge clusterfuck.