Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

No. The people who supposedly met with Cellino were actually in Leeds for some sort of charity event. Red Bull know they can't change the name of the club ( see Hull Tigers) so that will have killed any interest they may have had acquiring an English club.

Nonetheless i don't see why every non-Leeds fan has a problem with Cellino. As far as I'm concerned he's only made two mistakes of any real significance: Hockaday and Milanic and he's held his hands up on both occasions and admitted they were mistakes. By all accounts we're far more financially stable under Cellino than we ever were under Bates or GFH. He does need to pull his finger out and buy the ground back though

Doesn't it worry you that he's appointed three managers in a year and two of them were 'mistakes'?

That's quite a large part of hos job.

It isn't a way to run a football club. My issue is that he was convicted of a finance-related crime and then allowed to take over an English football league club. I worry as a supporter of a football league team that it could happen to us one day too. His policy on managers is an absolute joke, as has been proven over 20 years at Cagliari and is now being proven here at Leeds in less than half a season.

He "sacked" a manager before he even took charge and has since dispensed with two more before November in the season. It's ridiculous and it does not lead to successful teams. You would think, being someone who can't stand Leeds United, that I might be happy to see you plummet down the table through a succession of inept 6-week managers but I'm not, I want to see all football clubs run properly and sensibly.

Of course it's good that financially he seems a bit more tuned in than GFH so I understand why you're favourable towards him but I really feel this is just the latest in a long line of inept owners at your club and you won't progress back to the top level under him.

• Like 1

• Admin

12:05

What's the best thing about going to away games? That's right, travelling with a group of mates and having a beer and a few laughs.

_78719071_nonleaguevinestwitter.jpg

Alas, that wasn't quite the case for this Gateshead supporter, who, judging by this picture posted on Twitter by Non League Vines, found himself all alone in the away end at Aldershot.

On the bright side, at least he could choose exactly where he wanted to stand. And best of all, he watched his team claim a dramatic last-minute victory.

Makes it all worthwhile...

• Like 3