Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

I think we've brought that average down a bit.

On a more serious notnote, Ipswich have gone mental and loaned Noel Hunt for reasons no one is quite sure of... Now remember Ipswich, it's not just for christmas

Silly Ipswich...

Oh dear Leeds:

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has been disqualified by the Football League and asked to resign from the club.

The Football League took the decision after obtaining documents from an Italian court, where Cellino was found guilty of tax evasion.

It believes Cellino has breached its "fit and proper" ownership test.

However, he will be entitled to return to the club from 18 March 2015 and can appeal against the League's ruling.

• Like 1

I don't even see how the ruling does anything. They'll be tied up in litigation past the point where he can return in March next year, and how seriously can we take a 'fit and proper person' test when the results of taking it are you can return to the club in 5 months time?

To be honest it's not going to change a thing. Cellino has said as much, he'll just step down for 4 months if he has to but he won't sell. He did also threaten to take this to court if he had to and make the football league stupid, that comment seems to have been pulled down though.

My favourite quote though "What is their problem? We pay our bills, we do things right. Nobody was paying anything here when I bought the club. What did the League do about that?". They're supposed to act in the best interests of their members, yet forcing the president of the club to resign as a director for 4 months doesn't really seem to be in our best interests, it's almost as if they decided on day one that they didn't want Cellino in their private boys club. I highly doubt that this will be the last time they try and force Massimo out of the door. Fortunately i don't think he's the sort to let them do that

The Football League took the decision after obtaining documents from an Italian court, where Cellino was found guilty of tax evasion.

What's he failed the test on then? I'll confess to knowing nothing about him other than Matt wanting him to father his children.

It's the same offence they used to try to block him when he first took over and he won on appeal. The conviction isn't considered spent for a year so he's not considered fit and proper until mid-March.

I still question why a board consisting of Karl fucking Oysten, amongst others, can find anyone to be not fit and proper.