Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

And in the very next breath he announces he'll be taking legal action against against the football league. Essentially he's given up his involvement in Eleonora Sports and, as such, Leeds United in order to protect the club from any more bullshit sanctions while he fights to be allowed to run the club.

Makes sense I guess

Edit: statement from the chairman explains it better than Cellino did.

"Massimo Cellino has made a decision to separately, and in his own name, challenge the Football Leagues decision on the Appeal Hearing of January 15 to reject his appeal and challenge its correctness in law.

Subsequent to the Appeal Hearing on January 15, he has abided by the FL rulings on disqualification and has also disposed of any personal interests in Eleonora Immobiliare S.P.A and Eleonora Sport Ltd ( the majority shareholder of LUFC).

Massimo Cellino is taking this independent action so that LUFC is seen to be fully compliant with the Football League Rules and thus help the football club avoid any sanctions. LUFC are optimistic as to the outcome of the Disciplinary Panel Hearing and of the Rule K Hearing .

Andrew Umbers"

I didn't realise Wigan were doing so shit. I thought they were hovering around relegation.

If they get relegated I could ask my cousin if he'd take me to the Wigan game like he used to do when I was a kid when they were in the old Division 2 and 3.

Apparently whoever owns us now have come out and said it's not for sale so I wouldn't imagine so unless they grow sufficiently bored of it very soon. That's if he was even in anyway serious about it.

Almost definitely not, it seems like a tongue in cheek comment that's been taken too far.

Interesting story though, I know the guy who is responsible for making Crowe a Leeds fan; he's an ex cricketer and spent a couple of years playing in New Zealand in the late 70s. Anyway he used to drink in Russell Crowe's dad's bar and he used to sometimes watch the highlights of the football in there. Obviously as none of the locals had any particular interest in any team, he converted a few of them into Leeds fans, a young Russell included. Weird world, huh.

Just to clarify our ownership status, from what I understand.

Massimo Cellino has sold his share and stepped aside from any role he had in Eleonora Sports (owned by the Cellino family), presumably his share has been sold to someone already within the company, I.e. his family members. He intends to take a legal action against the football league as an individual as he now legally has no ties to the club or the company that owns it.

Eleonora Sports still own 75% of the club and have no intention to sell that. They probably still intend to buy the remaining 25% if possible.

The remaining 25% is owned by GFH and their muppet friends, they probably do want to sell up but only at the previously arranged price, which Eleonora don't seem to be willing to pay at this moment in time.

Together Leeds seem to be interested in purchasing the club but would have to make a seriously good offer to get Eleonora to sell, ditto to buy GFH and co's share. There is still a lot of uncertainty in regards to who is involved in this group beyond Mike Farnan and as such there are questions about how much money they have to fund a takeover and to put into the club.

Russell Crowe will not be buying Leeds.