Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

Sharp wasn't even on the bench? Awful.

You can have Paul Dickov if you want. We don't really want him anymore.

Might have been injured to be fair, didn't play for the development side either.

And no ta, didn't want him first time around

• Admin
Portsmouth have announced they have now cleared all debts following the club's exit from administration in April 2013. The Pompey Supporters' Trust has been in charge since striking a deal with former owner Balram Chainrai. A club statement said they could now look "forwards not backwards, while still recognising that the rebuilding process will continue to be a difficult task in the years ahead". Portsmouth have been in administration twice in the past five years.
  • Like 3

I give this new guy 3 weeks. Really confused as to why Sharp wasn't even on the bench and Adryan is still yet to kick a ball

Adryan is kinda shit. :/

He won player of the tournament in some U20/U21 competition for Brazil when he was 18 and comes with a lot of positive reviews about his potential. He might not be the next Messi but if he's got any sort of creativity then he should be getting a chance assuming he's fit and settled.

Yeah, thinking about it more, it could be good for Leeds. But Brazilian players tend to find it really hard to settle outside their home country. Most players never make it because of that.

Edited by RafaelFms

Yeah, thinking about it more, it could be good for Leeds. But Brazilian players tend to find it really hard to settle outside their home country. Most players never make it because of that.

I'd wager there are more Brazilian players playing outside of Brazil than most other comparable nations (i.e. English playing outside of England etc)...

• Admin

Cardiff have now officially appointed Slade so of course Tan uses the opportunity to slate Mackay once again:

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan said he was "delighted" and called on the club's fans to back Slade, whilst criticising former manager Malky Mackay who he sacked in December 2013.

"Look at Russell's track record. He certainly deserves to be given a chance," said Tan.

"After all, Cardiff gave a chance to a mediocre manager from Watford [Mackay] and he took the Club to the Premier League.

"I did, however, give him a lot of money to spend for that - in fact, too much money."