The Sims

Benji

It's only rough the first time; after that, it gets a bit better.

Also, if you want to play windowed, right click The Sims 2 on Origin, Game Properties. In command line arguments, add "-w" , without the quotation marks. I also suggest you right click and update the game.

Oh god thank you for the windowed mode! Apart from it being slow, I can not play in full screen mode.

I know what you mean; I can't really play anything full screen anymore.

Edit: Also guys, this may or may not work, but it's worth a shot. Any Game Starter. This lets you start a game with the expansions and/or stuff packs you want. Your saves won't carry over, but it's nifty if say, you don't like the magic system introduced in Apartment Life.

I am kinda interested in getting The Sims 4....

Did you play Sims 3? Sims has always been the EXPANSION PACK franchise but Sims 3 took microtransactions to straaaaaaaaaaange new places. I'm not the least bit interested in rewarding them for whatever they did with that franchise.

The Sims 4 is shipping without swimming pools, the Toddler stage, Create-A-Style, basements, grocery stores, schools/work, they're adding back loading screens between neighbours and changing some other stuff that just feels like a step backwards. They've also been extremely defensive about some of the basic feature removals and it just reeks of SimCity all over again.

Like, I understand that it can't all come at the same time and it's not like OH GOD, NO SWIMMING POOLS I WON'T BUY. But considering what happened specifically with SimCity and current attitudes towards EA money grubbing it's just a bad, bad sign.

....so you have to pay for pools, toddlers, basements, school/work? That's.....that's kinda stupid. Screw you EA, you don't get my money!

(Until November with Dragon Age)

But on the other hand thats how the sims work. You sort of cant expect 7 years of expansions already in the new game and its EA.

Toddlers suck anyway. Sims 3 has been out how long now? They still cant do anything remotly fun but you can buy dlc that makes the stage of life good for the toddlers with no efford (seriusly, you can just park them in one of the items day and night and they will be happy... its extremly lame)

1. Download Wii U's YouTube app.

2. Search YouTube for "funny animal videos."

3. Look at the TV every few minutes to make sure it's not a monkey masturbating on another monkey or something.

PARENTING!

• Like 7

Did you play Sims 3? Sims has always been the EXPANSION PACK franchise but Sims 3 took microtransactions to straaaaaaaaaaange new places. I'm not the least bit interested in rewarding them for whatever they did with that franchise.

The Sims 4 is shipping without swimming pools, the Toddler stage, Create-A-Style, basements, grocery stores, schools/work, they're adding back loading screens between neighbours and changing some other stuff that just feels like a step backwards. They've also been extremely defensive about some of the basic feature removals and it just reeks of SimCity all over again.

Like, I understand that it can't all come at the same time and it's not like OH GOD, NO SWIMMING POOLS I WON'T BUY. But considering what happened specifically with SimCity and current attitudes towards EA money grubbing it's just a bad, bad sign.

....so you have to pay for pools, toddlers, basements, school/work? That's.....that's kinda stupid. Screw you EA, you don't get my money!

(Until November with Dragon Age)

But on the other hand thats how the sims work. You sort of cant expect 7 years of expansions already in the new game and its EA.

Toddlers suck anyway. Sims 3 has been out how long now? They still cant do anything remotly fun but you can buy dlc that makes the stage of life good for the toddlers with no efford (seriusly, you can just park them in one of the items day and night and they will be happy... its extremly lame)

It is lame, but they also took a step backwards with the Toddlers in Sims 3. In Sims 2, Toddlers are way more fun.

After I tried out SimCity, it seemed all EA wants to do is slap some turd together that remotely resembles what you expect, only for it to be completely lacking in fun. I had high hopes that a lot of the flack SimCity had gotten was just shit over having to be online, but having played it...yeah no, it sucks. Sim City 3000 is more fun.

I have no idea what the last game by EA was that dissent disappoint me. (obviously among the games i played) Maybe MassEffect 2.
When i got the Sims 3 i even got the collectors edition wich was supposed to come with a book that turned out to be a 8 page mini flyer. It´s been their way of doing business for a long ass time but in the past years more and more people seem to notice the pattern.

Aww man, did I miss it? Fuck you all if I did, I'll just go back to playing my Sims 1 and trying to get my character to take a shower.

Electronic Arts is giving The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection away for free until July 31.

To redeem The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition, log in or sign up for an account. Launch Origin and select the Games tab.

Select Redeem Product Code and enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS.

This will activate your copy of the game that you can play through Origin.

In what way? I never actually played it.