The Sims

Benji

The whole baby/toddler thing just screams AddOne in game. It´s so strange when babys just plopp into the cript and a day later (or two, it´s very short) grow up with nothing to build on. (there is no negative you can do i think, also it feels like it´s not possible to have a birthday party for them but i might just have missed the narrow timefram) - I hope it´s one of the first ones because it just feels missing more than something different big like Weather and Pets.

I like the new aspirations system, you can finish most of them rather quick, get tons of rewards (points, items) for them and if one just bores you you can change it with the click of a button. It´s not as much simulation as it was in three but from a gameplay standpoint it´s a bit more fun than to be stuck in one path.

Emotions change rather quickly sometimes. Especially with several sims in the household you constantly hear the soundefect that goes along with the current moods of the different sims.

Multitasking really is what takes this to the next level like the open world did with Sims 3. It´s just so much easier and more realistic to manage your Sims needs if they just can talk, joke, play while they cook or repair something and are fully disconnected from whatever else happens like in previous games.

I don´t mind the small neighbourhoods to much. Since you can reach everything in every town with a very short load screen it actually incurrages travelling a ton more than the other games did. I can see how what we got now might get boring fast - but keeping in mind that all the specials coming with the Addones will now be available to every game you start because travelling is this easy and fast.

Whats also great is that most places are just packed with Sims when you get there. Sims 3 often felt rather empty.

So far i like it.

I'll say this, it seems a lot more streamlined; the only thing that has annoyed me was figuring out how to get the damn foundations to work. The scale of the houses look much better; I built a small home based on a Japanese apartment that I've built in both the Sims 2 and 3, and this is the first time it actually looks to be what you'd expect for the amount of space.

Well, they weren't kidding when they said Sims were smarter; with the fire, you can actually jump into the shower to put yourself out, then the Sim will run to safety, and stay the fuck out of the house until the fire goes out, unless you want them to extinguish the fire.

So trying to determine if I am going to buy this or not. One major question I have is about story progression. From my understanding, the sims in the other households just age and have babies but you can turn off aging. Is that correct or do they progress in other ways like get promotions and skills?

You know what? Not so bad - not anywhere near what people expected. It runs amazingly on my laptop and loads like a dream, I really don't mind the loadscreens.

I loved it from the beginning. Has anyone else here booted up The Sims 3? The Sims 4 is ready to play in 20 seconds or less - it's nuts.

Only big thing that happened so far is my sim asking a girl to WooHoo and hear entirely ignoring the question to do push-ups instead. :shifty: