The Sims

Benji

I am super impressed at the optimization that they've managed to put into the game so far. It runs beautifully and loads quickly - the loading screens really aren't an issue, really they fix an issue that was prevalent in The Sims 3 where... yeah it was kind of cool that you could go anywhere at any time but travel time was kind of a pain in the ass with the Sim's pathing and you could never guess if/when certain people would be home not to mention most areas were sparsely populated. Doing it this way makes sure that there's people there, they're actually THERE and as mentioned, the loads themselves are tiny.

The biggest annoyance I had with the Sims 3 was, when you would go to certain community lots, was five seconds after your sim would show up....half the fucking town would flood in. That got on my nerves so many times. It was a relief last night when I was playing that when I did go to the gym, people were already there and in the middle of things.

My sim has gotten stupidly fat. No idea why, Have them working out every day and only eating garden salads and they're still porking it up. Might be the lazy trait, but it just seems silly.

Maybe it's something like with Tim Allen in The Santa Clause? :shifty:

• Like 1

I am super impressed at the optimization that they've managed to put into the game so far. It runs beautifully and loads quickly - the loading screens really aren't an issue, really they fix an issue that was prevalent in The Sims 3 where... yeah it was kind of cool that you could go anywhere at any time but travel time was kind of a pain in the ass with the Sim's pathing and you could never guess if/when certain people would be home not to mention most areas were sparsely populated. Doing it this way makes sure that there's people there, they're actually THERE and as mentioned, the loads themselves are tiny.

But to be fair if you only have the Sims 3s basegame installed it loads fairly quick aswell. But this just feels like it always will be a ton faster just because the space that needs to be loaded is more limited.

As i only payed 31€ for the key i don´t mind it at all. This is the most satisfying thing i got by EA in a while. It´s bare bones and it will need addones, yeah. But now i will play the Golum Sim i got from the gallerie to impragnate Lara Croft, Beyonce and Sasha Grey to see what the genetic system will come up with so don´t distract me with what will be possible in two years from now with 4 AddOnes. >_>

I got this my sister for her birthday and I've been having a go on it this evening.

My character was asleep when someone walked into my house in the middle of the night and started cooking.

It was Katy Perry.

:pervert:

• Like 1

My favorite moment has to be this night club I built on The Sims (the original), when House Party was just released.

Everything's going great, then Drew Carey shows up. AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Then the nightclub was a complete wreck. :shifty:

• Like 1

I'm having a constant stream of women using me for my computer. Seriously. That's all they want to do in my house, and just as I get ready to ask them to leave they do the dishes and take out the trash - before going straight back to the computer. Even when I ask someone to stay the night they never sleep they just stay up all night on my god damn computer.

• Like 3

I got this my sister for her birthday and I've been having a go on it this evening.

My character was asleep when someone walked into my house in the middle of the night and started cooking.

It was Katy Perry.

:pervert:

Happened to me just last week.

...oh were we talking about The Sims?