Destiny

Dan

Depends what you're into, it's fine to be sold on it so far, because you'll probably get what you want out of it (playing with friends and having a laugh) regardless of how it could turn out in the end. For a guy like me, who didn't enjoy the beta that much and who's going to be playing solo, I didn't see anything to sell me. I want to know that there's an interesting narrative behind it and more to the game than just the constant search for more loot. I played enough Borderlands to know that new guns can't keep me invested past the initial 10 hours. And like you said, if this turns out to be a game that's really only good playing with friends, it'd have been nice to know that before release, even if just to know what I'm getting into.

I'm still buying, because like I said, the summer drought has bored me to death and I think there's enough promise to warrant a purchase. But I have that expendable income, I'm sure there's a lot of people who've bought into the hype that might be let down and out nearly £50. That's a big part their own fault, but a review would've helped avoid that kind of situation.

Of course, the evidence does pile up for 'only good for playing with friends' when they refuse to let you play some of the raids with random people. Good luck aligning 4-6 busy schedules for a few hour block and all that.

Yeaaaaah. I'm kind of expecting that, but I can deal with it. I just want to know if I can solo the main game without running into a boss that's just impossible without a raid group. And still have fun with it. That second part is where they usually fall apart.

Maybe you should buy a PS4 Ellis and we can be bitter about not being able to play it single player together.

Of course, the evidence does pile up for 'only good for playing with friends' when they refuse to let you play some of the raids with random people. Good luck aligning 4-6 busy schedules for a few hour block and all that.

Why have they done that?

And surely they could alter that if it became an issue?

:lol: A French website gave it 6/10 and the Bungie forums are full of people like "They probably hate it because there's no dedicated surrender button." and "They're only giving it a low score because you can't wear a beret, a hooped top and an onion necklace."

I suppose it depends on the reaction to the extra paid for content. WoW has been out for a million years because the updates have been well received.

As soon as they start half assing it and just doing palette changes people will probably be quick to jump on the next bandwagon.

Even though I don't have the game and probably wont for a considerable amount of time, I might just make the clan for it because I know how much everyone loved it when I made the GTA one.

• Like 1

Finding this to be super average about 4 hours in. It does everything well, but it doesn't really do anything interesting with any of it. If you've played an MMO before, you know the loot system and you've experienced it all before. If you've played an FPS before that's not CoD, there's not much more to the gameplay. That'd be all fine and dandy, but it doesn't really do anything past the average to make me want to play it more than any other game with the same systems. Kind of a "jack of all trades, master of nothing" type situation.

I was hoping the story would make up for everything else being so generic, but there's really not any story to it. Just vague explanations that don't leave me that interested in what happens next.

For a new IP, it's not something that's got me excited for the future of the franchise. And it looks like I might already be about 1/4 of the way through the main game...

I'm loving it so far - coming up on level 11 now and I'll probably still play the rest of the night. The "meat" of the game is when you hit level 20 really, that's when you'll be doing 6 person raids and the like - the game is built so you can get to that level and grind for gear and stuff I do believe.

Holy shit this game is fun. Got a level 6 titan that I've been been playing co-op with my friend. Did the first few missions on hard and it really intense. Going to make another class to play by myself tomorrow and stick to co-op on my titan.

If you guys haven't played co-op already, get to it!

Some of the balancing is kind of off. Like we breezed all the moon levels on normal but upping to hard is insane sometimes.

I must admit I was a bit worried about five hours in when nothing new seemed to be happening but thankfully it seems to be opening up again. Going to attempt the strike on the moon tomorrow and hopefully complete some side mission stuff too.