Destiny

Dan

And then you changed it, and then you changed it back. And then you'll swear off the game, sell it and buy it back when the first expansion pack comes out, rinse, lather repeat, until it loses trade in value and you just hold onto it.

You're too deep in now Apsham, they have you!

That's the position I'm in with this game though! I really want to enjoy it because the gameplay is pretty solid for the most part. But as I am coming to the end, I realize that there is no real benefit to starting a new character because the process of leveling him up (while quick compared to other games) is quick but it's also pretty dry, since the classes don't play different enough from each other. I was skeptical coming in and found that the beginning and middling portion of the game was fun but past that... eh. Whether or not I buy it back if I choose to sell has a lot to do with what they add or change leading up to the next few expansions (which from what I can gather, just add a few more missions.

Yeah, but odds are when the expansion comes out you'll want to try it and then you'll just end up having to buy that and the game again f you trade it in. Take the wait and see approach, see how you like the 6 hour raid. Give it time to grow!

That's the thing that we tried last night, the first of the double posts is the one I wrote directly after - it was a good few hours of rage. The first stage of the whole thing requires you to occupy these three panels. If the enemy gets into them, you lose control and all the progress you've made to building up this tower of light starts to go down. But the buffest enemy teleports in two quick bursts right into the middle of it, so you lose your spot with barely a chance to defend yourself and that's where the issue came in with us being required to have people on our friend's list to do it. You absolutely can't matchmake, so we had to bring in some random who pulled down the whole atmosphere and took away the fun from the game. So hopefully the weekends will become our raid times because trying to sync up about six of us with proper gear and leveling is damn hard on weeknights.

Fuck me this got boring quickly. I loaded up single player today, lost connection about half an hour in and had zero desire to load back up. The loot grind is like Diablo 3 pre-patch, so boring.

I think I'm pretty much done, no interest in the MMO type additions and the grind isn't fun. The multiplayer was fun enough, but the maps are fairly awful, which kind of kills it. Was kind of hoping my interest could hold out a few weeks in time for Shadow of Mordor, but I guess not. In the end, I agree with the majority of reviews on this one: boy, that Destiny sure did turn out to be a completely average shooter and in no way special, huh?

• Like 3

Fuck me this got boring quickly. I loaded up single player today, lost connection about half an hour in and had zero desire to load back up. The loot grind is like Diablo 3 pre-patch, so boring.

I think I'm pretty much done, no interest in the MMO type additions and the grind isn't fun. The multiplayer was fun enough, but the maps are fairly awful, which kind of kills it. Was kind of hoping my interest could hold out a few weeks in time for Shadow of Mordor, but I guess not. In the end, I agree with the majority of reviews on this one: boy, that Destiny sure did turn out to be a completely average shooter and in no way special, huh?

Woo! I made the right call in not getting this :D

Other than the lack of matchmaking it's been pretty fun but this is also the first time I've ever played anything even remotely resembling a MMO so that probably has a lot to do with my enjoyment of it. Still, it'll be nice when I can get some people to do the stuff I need actual friends for. Destiny reminds me how lonely I am :(