Destiny

Dan

We played until level 7 with three of us (seriously, what the fuck with only three to a fire team for everything?) and it was hard as hell but dropping down to one person? Not so bad.

Did the level 8 raid, The Devil's Lair I think it was? Fun as hell - and I couldn't communicate with the other guys who didn't seem to understand that they didn't have to revive me and STAY IN COVER FOR FUCKS SAKES when two of us were down.. but all in all it was a great experience and the fight with the huge eye thing at the end was amazingly intense.

I stupidly did The Last Array mission on 2 levels higher difficulty when given the option. Holy shit, game don't fuck around. Luckily on the final boss a friend of mine who was only level 2 popped in, and served as enough of a distraction for me to get the kill. It was a slog.

The Devil's Lair mission was just a blast, even with two complete strangers. They either didn't have headsets or didn't feel like communicating, but it was still awesome. At the part against the walker, I had already ran into one that randomly spawned in the patrol area, so I knew to keep back and just plink away.

Also discovered that the assault rifles are awesome in The Crucible. Not my favourite choice during missions, but they work perfectly in the chaos of competitive multiplayer. I'm not getting 20 kills or anything, but I my kill death ratio is floating around 1.58, which I'm happy with.

Did the Summoning Pits strike on the moon and holy shit was even more intense than the other even with three capable level 13s!

Yeh it was an intense fight at the end. We someone managed to luck into a distraction plan when I became bait as I flew into the corridor you come out of and was trying to regain health and everything decided to bombard the corridor leaving my two friends to fight the boss.

I got an awesome emblem of a bunny rabbit!

I see a lot of those around, I had to get rid of mine to make room for others.

Anyone get the first expansion? It launched in the store yesterday and was wondering if it's worth it?

It's in the store, but I can't buy it... yeah it's not out until maybe December? But both are there just like some games that aren't out are.

Well. Whelp. Well.

End game so far is fucking terrible. Absolutely terrible. The gear system just doesn't make sense and I'm getting a million of the same item - and a lot of it doesn't make sense. We're doing strike playlists and the amount of Vanguard marks we have towards the good items is like a drop in a fucking bucket compared to everything else. There's a myriad of other issues that are just murdering my perception and enjoyment of this game.