Custom Belt Request Thread

Nick Adams

Time for the Calgary Stampede titles. Considering they're all technically NWA belts, I decided to do a bit of digging. A few of the regular belts didn't catch my fancy, so I decided to do completely original designs instead. Here's one such example.

The NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship

NWACanadianHeavyweight.png

The real one looks too much like the Intercontinental Championship for my tastes, but I kept the general idea...sort of. I hope y'all like it.

• Like 1

And now, another one that's basically for Calgary Stampede and the UK (if only because nobody's bothered to make an NWA India affiliate in iDom):

The NWA British Commonwealth Championship

NWABritishCommonwealth.png

I basically tried to recreate the actual belt, but with some larger plates, the real NWA logo instead of the NWA text, and a bit of simplification.The red stitching was mostly a nod to the most common color among the flags present on the belt.

• Like 1

Next up for Calgary Stampede...

The NWA Canadian Tag Team Championship

NWACanadianTag.png

For some reason, every attempt to put the Canadian Flag inside the Canadian Map went belly up, hence the variation on the actual titles. Fun historical note, the picture on the far side plates is actually of a former NWA Canadian Tag Team champion from All-Star Wrestling applying an abdominal stretch.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Idol. And yet another Calgary Stampede championship is next.

The NWA Canadian Women's Championship

NWACanadianWomens.png

Since it's what the database had for the belt image, it's based upon the WWF Women's championship that was the title in the interim between the original belt and the oval title.

I think the three on the central plate can work if the flags on the side plates are changed to something else. The only edit I can suggest right now is making the flags gold embossed and part of the plate, like the guys on the outer plates of the Tag Team belt.

I was trying to find a decent photo of Canadian female wrestlers, but nothing of note popped up. If anybody has a suggestion, I'm willing to use it.

• 3 months later...

Well, since I use Inkscape, this is what I used.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0D5C37717E27F55C

If you are going to use the Inkscape route, however, I suggest learning how to make your own gradients.

There are also tutorials out there for GIMP (path editing is nice, but you're pretty much stuck using gradients), Adobe Fireworks (good but the program is expensive), and Adobe PhotoShop (great but unless you're a student say goodbye to half a paycheck to get the program).

Would you happen to know where these GIMP tutorials are?

Would it be possible to do a belt based on this?

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/p180x540/10256934_701386276564731_4505624005231338383_o.jpg

Remove the name "Lana Star" though.

Also if you could, Tag team titles, with a white strap and maroonish letters/logo

So uh, I watched a video I found(I never have heard such heavy breathing on a video before) and ended up making myself one

REhBRbG.png

My only issue is my plate shapes are limited to whatever my brushes can do since anytime I try to cut an actual plate off a real picture for the shape it turns out all janky when I turn it black

Edited by Kirkland

Would it be possible to do a belt based on this?

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/p180x540/10256934_701386276564731_4505624005231338383_o.jpg

Remove the name "Lana Star" though.

Also if you could, Tag team titles, with a white strap and maroonish letters/logo

Unfortunately, I do not do exact replicas. Is there a fictional promotion you would like?