EWBFL PS4 Online League

DYSI

What were you having trouble doing? Passing? Running? Defense?

EJ Manuel completed practically every single one of his passes including ridiculous floating garbage passes everytime I got them to 3rd down. Their players were constantly trucking over my D guys while my receivers seemed to drop the ball every time they were tapped if I hadn't already ran like 5 yards after the catch. Their CBs seemed to make improbably leaps to knock down passes and the camera angle was different than I was used to and it threw me off

I've found the best answer to that is to play a lot of cloud zones and give them the 5-6 yard passes, while getting pressure to force some sacks and poor throws. Usually the completion percentage is still around. 75-80 percent, but the other team isn't scoring a ton.

• Like 2

Daws resigning caused the main headline in the game to be "Jerry Jones sells Cowboys". Cowboys fans could only dream...

Anyway, I beat Dallas 24-10. My offense is absolutely terrible. I knew Gore would regress from how great he was in the game last year but he had zero explosion to speak of, could only pick up like 3 yards per carry going up the middle and zero/negative yards if I tried to run to the outside. Maybe the settings make running impossible, I don't know. If it does though I may as well just make the move to Carlos Hyde. And Kap is atrocious. 50% completion, 3 interceptions. He has like a 98 throw power rating but it doesn't matter because every deep ball is intercepted. His short throw accuracy is comical, short bullet passes to wide open receivers missing by 10 yards, etc.

I'm pretty much going to need to be carried by my defense. Romo and Murray moved the ball downfield with relative ease at times, but when it mattered most I would come up with a big sack or turnover. Sacked Romo 10 times, intercepted him twice, and with the game tied 10-10 into the fourth I returned two fumbles for TDs to lock it up.

I played on Pro difficulty during preseason of my offline franchise to get a feel for the new defensive controls, and I was blowing people out even as the shitty Giants. I didn't experience a real challenge until All Pro. Yeah the CPU can be frustrating at times but having it on Pro means that the CPU games are basically just tune-ups for user games and like 10 games on your schedule feel like formalities and I can see myself getting bored of that. For that reason I voted to stay with All Pro, but I guess I'd rather just stick with whatever settings will keep more people from quitting.

• Like 2

I haven't played with any slider sets yet, and didn't find All-Pro too difficult so would like to stay with whatever is challenging but don't want people to quit. I just don't think I'd have much trouble beating the CPU on pro the rest of the year.

I must say it was a much better game on All-Pro here then it was in my "online" but single player connected franchise about a month ago, was too easy, all-madden too hard.