2014 NFL Season

Dan

Watched The Brian and The Boz doc last night, love the 30 for 30 series; it's probably my favourite documentary series and sports television show overall.

Lets see, on Fox we have a team I hate, winning in a blowout. On CBS we have a team I hate, winning in a blowout.

Montreal Vs. Hamilton it is!

:lol: I'm not even watching that shit and I pretty much grew up in the Hammer..... :bang:

Watched The Brian and The Boz doc last night, love the 30 for 30 series; it's probably my favourite documentary series and sports television show overall.

Lets see, on Fox we have a team I hate, winning in a blowout. On CBS we have a team I hate, winning in a blowout.

Montreal Vs. Hamilton it is!

:lol: I'm not even watching that shit and I pretty much grew up in the Hammer..... :bang:

Don't shit on CFL, its incredibly watchable.

• Like 1

I'd rather watch any CFL game over blowouts by the Pats and Eagles.

And now I get San Francisco/Washington, what have I done to deserve this?

• Like 1

I have no problem with getting beat by the Patriots, they're a great team. My problem is how awful the offense is, it's been worse as each week goes. They need to look for a new offensive coordinator after the season because every aspect of the offense has been worse this year. His playcalling is also very questionable.

The D had it's first bad game all year, they'll be fine. Just hoping this isn't the start of another second half collapse and just a rough two game stretch against two of the NFL's elite teams (Arz and NE).

So, who out of the rookie wide receivers has made the biggest impact/been the best pick up for their team?

- Sammy Watkins (1st round, 4th pick + 1st and 4th round picks for 2015 in trade with Browns)

- Mike Evans (1st round, 7th pick)

- Odell Beckham Jr (1st round, 12th pick)

- Brandin Cooks (1st round, 20th pick)

- Kelvin Benjamin (1st round, 28th pick)

- Jordan Matthews (2nd round, 42nd pick + 2nd and 4th round picks for 2014 in trade with Titans)

- Allen Robinson (2nd round, 61st pick + 3rd and 5th round picks for 2014 in trade with 49ers)

- Martavis Bryant (4th round, 118th pick)

- Allen Hurns (Undrafted)

Think I've listed all of the major rookies that have had an impact this season at some point. This was brought up by an article I read where the Bills defended picking up Watkins so expensively due to him being influential in three of their wins this season, is really as good of a deal as they say? Or if they had waited and drafted from their position (9th) and picked up Beckham Jr or someone else from the list would they still be in the same position?

Evans and Matthews have both come alive in the last month or so. Cooks is now injured but was offering a good option for the Saints both receiveing and running. I've not seen much of Beckham Jr personally but he looked okay against the Niners and is slotting in as WR2 behind Randle. Bryant is a good redzone threat for the Steelers and Benjamin has been a great pick up. But who do you reckon has been the best?

Odell Beckham. :shifty:

• Like 1

If I hadn't picked up Jonas Gray in fantasy, he not only wouldn't have overslept on Friday but he would have 4 more touchdowns today. Everything I do is wrong.

There hasn't been a rhyme or reason to the Patriots RB depth chart in years. Except for Shane Vereen (the old Danny Woodhead role), nobody is really reliable for fantasy.

I'm just baffled with the complete lack of a pass rush. The Cowboys have several very good offensive linemen, no doubt...but the Giants didn't seem to even want to try rushing Romo, especially on that final drive. Did they not watch the game film from the Washington/Dallas game earlier this year? Ugh. Bollocks.

Anyway at least wrestling kicked ass tonight.