2014 NFL Season

Dan

Rex Ryan is almost certainly going to the Raiders next season if the Jets fire him, right?

I wouldn't be stunned if Rex takes a year off to wait for the ideal job. Mike Tannenbaum is as much to blame for what's going on with the Jets as Rex. Players love him, he knows how to coach, he just doesn't have a lot to coach with right now.

Have to agree Rex setting out a year would be a good idea.

I'd like to see him end up coaching an NFC team, though (as long as its not Dallas or Washington; I don't think he'd be a good fit for the Cowboys, and I want the Washngton NFL Team stuck with mediocre to shit coaches). And he certainly won't go to the Raiders unless its absolutely his only option. The Raiders are pretty much going to be stuck with journeymen and coaches that no one else wants for quite a while, I think.

Rex Ryan is almost certainly going to the Raiders next season if the Jets fire him, right?

I wouldn't be stunned if Rex takes a year off to wait for the ideal job. Mike Tannenbaum is as much to blame for what's going on with the Jets as Rex. Players love him, he knows how to coach, he just doesn't have a lot to coach with right now.

If the Harbaugh stuff is true (I don't buy it's as big of an issue as the media portrays) I wouldn't be surprised if Rex is a target for the Niners job. There'd be little/no loss on defense and he likes to run so he'd be a perfect fit for how the team is constructed.

Yeah, I'd love if it if it were Fangio because he definitely deserves a shot but I'm not sure the 49ers would want to continue with a "Harbaugh guy". Greg Roman is probably better suited to be a college coach than pro and I hope to God they never entertain the idea of him taking over. I want him gone as the OC as it is. The rumblings I've heard suggested they'd likely go with someone like the d-line coach Jim Tomsula (who was there before Harbaugh - he was the interim coach after they fired Singletary), who the players love. Outside of him, they'd definitely go with someone outside of the staff.

Alright, should I start Kaepernick against the Rams or Flacco against the Bucs?

The Bucs are pretty terrible, but I don;t think the Rams offense is going to be able to stay on the field, so Kap may have far more opportunities to score.

Alright, should I start Kaepernick against the Rams or Flacco against the Bucs?

The Bucs are pretty terrible, but I don;t think the Rams offense is going to be able to stay on the field, so Kap may have far more opportunities to score.

The flip side of Kaepernick is that since the Niners will control the pace, they may opt to pound it with Frank Gore more. Tampa has also has the 31st ranked passing D in yardage allowed while the Rams are actually ranked number one. Glennon may be able to keep the game close enough for Flacco to have to keep throwing too. I don't think you'd go wrong with Kaep, although I'm playing Eli over him in the EWB league.

Flacco in the Kubiak offense has turned into a very reliable fantasy QB. Definitely start him.

He scored like 2.5 points last week.