2014 NFL Season

Dan

So Chip Kelly has done some Tostitos commercials

• Like 2

Lol @ Namath. Look at the stats, Broadway Joe wasn't actually any good, even by the standards of the time. Neither was Bradshaw, for that matter, he was just on the best team.

The only ones I won't argue are Staubach and Tarkenton. I'd argue Stabler is on par with them, but not better. The Snake would have done what Griese and Fouts did, easy.

There is a serious lack of love in this topic for Doug Flutie.

• Like 1

It's becoming increasingly more difficult to compare players from older generations to the players of today because the game has gotten so radically different. I don't think it's a stretch to say that if you took a bunch of players =from the '50s and '60s and transported them to today in their prime, a lot of them would get destroyed. Players are a lot bigger, faster, and stronger now. I think a guy like Jim Brown would still be amazing, but he's one of the few exceptions to this scenario.

Can say the same thing about getting destroyed if sent back to the `50s and `60s, as well, since defenses were allowed to hit harder and QBs weren't so protected.

Imagine Tom Brady being levelled by Dick Butkus, or Johnny Football having to face the LA Rams' Fearsome Foursome, for instance.

"Penalty: Roughing the Passer, #51 on the defense. 15 yards from the spot of the foul, automatic first-down."

I think you missed the part where it was in Butkus' era.

Pfft... Put him back in the Chuck Bednarik era

screen-shot-2013-07-07-at-5-35-00-pm.png