2014 NFL Season

Dan

Not only is Hardy playing, but one of the 49ers' radio announcers has been suspended for saying he can't see how Janay can stay with Ray Rice. Seriously.

Good time to post this then.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/09/09/3564896/janay-rice-cycle-abuse/

I agree with this 100%. I don't know if the announcer should have been suspended but asking why she would stay is totally missing the actual issue

• Like 1

Janay Rice clearly, and, as one would expect, has Battered Woman Syndrome (or whatever it's called), and, while, yes, it is easy for most of us to sit here and go 'why didn't she leave the bastard', it's not so easy for who to do it.

I don't care what anyone says, having watched the video, that is not the first time Ray Rice has hit a woman. That was not an accidental 'oh shit, she's coming at me, fight or flight' response. He throws a fucking left cross, then acts as if nothing happens when he drags her out of the elevator. That shit has happened before.

She hasn't helped herself with some of her comments, but, yeah, dumb move by the 49ers announcer.

• Like 5

Clayton and Schefter are saying Gordon gets 8-10 games under the new policy if agreed to. Welker and others will get off immediately. Weak. Now I'll have to give him the Percy Harvin treatment and burn a roster spot for over half the season for a few weeks of play.

• Like 1

He also said she bore some responsibility for not speaking out more after it happened so that's probably why he was suspended moreso than questioning why she married him.

I hadn't heard that. Makes more sense now. So I can see why he got the suspension.

I also must express some surprise that trash talk is coming from livid, the guy who put up 90 points last week and finished last place. :P

My starters woefully underperformed (as my bench was lighting shit up left and right) so don't expect that to happen too often.

The way this season is going, I wouldn't be surprised if someone got shot Last Boy Scout style before it's over.

At this rate, Tom Brady will soon be revealed to be a Patrick Bateman-esque serial killer.

• Like 6

TMZ Reporting Adrian Peterson has been indicted for child abuse:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

If true, I can't imagine this ending well for him given the Ray Rice incident.

Negligent or reckless injury caused to a child. Not as extreme as child abuse makes it sound. Not great but he has been beating a child.

The way this season is going, I wouldn't be surprised if someone got shot Last Boy Scout style before it's over.

At this rate, Tom Brady will soon be revealed to be a Patrick Bateman-esque serial killer.

"TMZ has learned that Peyton Manning trolls the streets of Denver for prostitutes, which he murders and wears their skin under his uniform. He is expected to start Sunday."
  • Like 4

Hearing this Greg Hardy report on ESPN is terrifying. Ray Rice came across as an abusive scumbag, but if what Hardy's GF said is true he's a goddamn psychopath.

Not-so-fun-fact: He was raised in Millington TN, which about a 15 minute drive from my house.