2014 NFL Season

Dan

Hearing this Greg Hardy report on ESPN is terrifying. Ray Rice came across as an abusive scumbag, but if what Hardy's GF said is true he's a goddamn psychopath.

Not-so-fun-fact: He was raised in Millington TN, which about a 15 minute drive from my house.

suddenly your draft starts to make a lot more sense...
  • Like 1

The story I read on CBS said that the child suffered injuries to the back, buttocks, ankles, legs, and scrotum. There was also this:

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

• Like 1

I'm all for giving a kid a swift slap on the ass as punishment, but that's about as far as I go because that's all I was exposed to.

Cutting a branch off a tree and beating the piss out of your kid is another thing entirely.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet his parents did this to him growing up, and he obviously thinks it's okay although it's clearly not. It's old school. My parents got it all the time growing up. Still awful, and it seems like he went overboard on it to boot. He deserves whatever he gets.

Thankfully my parents were pretty soft on me, worst I ever got was 5 lashes with a belt once when I was 8 for spilling Chef Boyardee on brand my new carpet and covering it up with a Packers rug for 2 months. I was given the alternative of no TV for a month, but fuck missing cartoons, I gladly took my whooping

• Like 1

Without getting into a debate about corporal punishment, this was despicable. He hit him in the scrotum. If he's beating his child so severely and uncontrollably that he accidentally hit him in the scrotum he shouldn't be allowed around children again. If he hit him intentionally in the scrotum that's even worse.

• Like 1