2014 NFL Season

Dan

Part of it is the fact that he was my first round draft pick, and he's Adrian Peterson.

The second part is that you have a guy with more money and fame then I can ever hope to have in my lifetime, that people look up to, that people were jersey's with his name on them, doing something so stupid.....

I'm just disgusted by these athletes thinking they're above everything, and it pisses me off to no end.

I don't care if he's my #1 pick, I hope they send him away to the hardest prison in Texas for a decade.

• Like 2

Gordon isn't in the list of top ten offenders NOW. Dude smoked some weed, oh noez.

I also don't know why people expect athletes to be 'better' than normal people. Sure, they have a ton of money, amazing skills, and a worldwide stage... their just as dumb as the rest of us. Stop putting them on pedestals.

He failed a drug test after passing over 70 of them with like a .15 when the NFL's ridiculous limit was a .14. It was more than likely second hand smoke and he would've passed under even Olympic guidelines. It's the reason why they're raising it to .35, although the fact that he still may get suspended because it technically happened in the 2013 league year is ridiculous.

As for the DUI, his BAC was a .09, just over the legal limit of .08. No excuses for him there, but he's yet to be convicted so they can't punish him for it yet. That's the only bad thing he's done. Srar, you must be thinking of someone else with the resisting arrest thing.

Part of it is the fact that he was my first round draft pick, and he's Adrian Peterson.

The second part is that you have a guy with more money and fame then I can ever hope to have in my lifetime, that people look up to, that people were jersey's with his name on them, doing something so stupid.....

I'm just disgusted by these athletes thinking they're above everything, and it pisses me off to no end.

I don't care if he's my #1 pick, I hope they send him away to the hardest prison in Texas for a decade.

Wait wait wait...the fact that he beat a child is SECOND to the fact you drafted him? Thats fucked up

• Like 1

I think one problem is that athletes (and entertainers in general) are treated (and paid) as if they're more special than everyone else. A lof them get a big head because of how they're treated and looked up to, thinking that means they're better than everyone else and can do whatever the hell they want.

There needs to be more stringent rules regarding behavior in ALL sports. Not just Football.

I'd also like to point out that with all of his suspensions for drugs, Josh Gordon has lost close to a million bucks in salary.

No Lint, it's broken into two parts, and neither has preference over the other.

Sorry Mick...my brain is still hurting from the warehouse...HOW DOES LIFTING HURT MY BRAIN?!

I think one problem is that athletes (and entertainers in general) are treated (and paid) as if they're more special than everyone else. A lof them get a big head because of how they're treated and looked up to, thinking that means they're better than everyone else and can do whatever the hell they want.

There needs to be more stringent rules regarding behavior in ALL sports. Not just Football.

I'd also like to point out that with all of his suspensions for drugs, Josh Gordon has lost close to a million bucks in salary.

They are paid commiserate with the rarity of their talent and the amount of money they make for their employers, same as anyone else. I've never had a problem with how much athletes get paid.

However, the reverence which people regard them is a legit issue.

• Like 2

Josh Gordon's more one of those guys who has always, since his college days, put himself in situations that can get him in a little bit of trouble. Little bit always adds up. It's one of those situation where you just look at the guy and go "come on man are you dumb?" and not actually think he's a bad person.

Meanwhile Adrian Peterson is very old school in how he treats his kids and looks like he goes overboard by even old school standards. Him not playing the rest of the year wouldn't shock me given the current climate in the NFL.

I wish the video had been shown a month or so ago, the season has started but everywhere I look for NFL news all I can see if Ray Rice news :(

And now Peterson news...

This season fucking sucks. All I want is some good ol' football :(