FIFA 15

Dan

With my Crystal Palace team, I survived 35 minutes of Chelsea hammering us. One quick counter attack down the flank, and quick dribble around a left back, and suddenly I was up 1-0. It was great. Yannick Bolasie sent in a great cross that Kolbienn Sigurdsson (that spelling is so wrong) heading in with power.

After I scored, suddenly I was in control. Chelsea only fought back in the final few minutes, and the last play of the game was my goalie partying a header over the bar.

I'm really enjoying playing on World Class at the moment. Last year I got stuck between it being too hard but being too easy on Professional. Now I feel like it's a good challenge for me and I'm at least having some success rather than constantly being on the hot seat!

After a mixed pre-season with Tottenham in which I won one, drew one and lost one, I started with a 2-1 loss to West Ham but then went on to beat slumping Liverpool 4-0 and have eked out a couple of wins against Sunderland and QPR. Some dramatic late goals and offside calls that made me jump up off my seat, too.

I still really hate that they can't get the fixtures done properly, though. I should never have to play a league game on a Tuesday and then in the Europa League two days later on the Thursday. Especially when I have a completely free weekend after it, why not just move the league game to the Sunday?

Slowly but surely, I've been putting together a La Liga team to play UT online alongside my nephew (so glad the option to do this is back!). Our side is just about 5*, but doesn't really have a world beater in there yet.

Best XI;

GK - Diego Alves, 81

RB - Joao Pereira, 79
CB - Diego Godin, 84
CB - Javier Mascherano, 83
LB - Cristian Ansaldi, 77

RM - Sofiane Feghouli, 81

CDM - Vicente Iborra, 79
CDM - Gabi, 82

LM - Pablo Piatti, 78

CAM - Isco, 83

ST - Javier Hernandez, 81

Subs;

GK - Guillermo Ochoa, 80
RB - Martin Montoya, 77

CB - Nicolas Otamendi, 80

CDM - Grzegorz Krychowiak, 79
LM - Diego Castro, 77
CAM - Rafinha, 78
ST - Rodrigo, 80

We got promotion from Div 10 at the first time of trying, and are currently heading in that direction in Div 9. We've only taken one beating thus far, from a guy that had quite possibly the best team I've ever played against on UT. He wasn't even that good, but the pace and quality shone through. He had a Premier League XI, which included Courtois, Mangala, Kompany, Yaya Toure, Di Maria, Hazard, David Silva, Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero. Something tells me he either bought coins, or pulled an early Bale/Ronaldo/Messi to be able to afford that lot. Considering he was still in Div 9 at the time, I doubt he's put enough games in earn THAT many coins.

Think I've claimed 3 of 40 free gold packs now - got dick all in all of them. Although when I got Mangala as a welcome back, I was able to flip him for 15k.

Started my United career game and absolutely loving how World Class feels. I'd always played on legendary on Fifa games but last year's God mode legendary AI meant I had to play on World Class.

Decided to start on World Class this year. Did averagely in the friendlies but started the season with a 2-0 win over Swansea and a 4-0 win at Sunderland, which sounds more of a hammering than it was. They had 60% posession and we scored 3 goals on the break. Falcao has bagged 5 goals in 2 games and I especially love using Di Maria in this game, looks and plays exactly like his real life counterpart.

I have to say as well, that the presentation on this is superb, and really adds to each game, especially in career mode. Stadium atmosphere is mostly spot on too.

Entering my third season with Crystal Palace. Won the Capital One Cup, and somehow finished 4th in the league. I was surprised by that, since I dropped points a lot throughout the year.

I had $22,000,000 to work with, so I added Angel Correa from Argentina. His team asked for $30 million, I countered $20 million, and they accepted.

Out of the blue, Fiorentina offered me $16 million for my striker Sigthorssen. He finished 2nd behind RVP in goals last season, but was rated 76 overall and struggled against any team with a good back line. I took the money and bought Gylffi Sigurdsson from Swansea and Yusuf Poulsen from Denmark.

Now I'm a younger team with plenty of good potential players, but I really am not sure about my defence. Although it served me well in the Premier League last season, I don't know if it can hold up against teams in the Champions League.

My nephew and I had 8 shots on target in a row against us go in yesterday, across two games. Most of them were all straight at the keeper. He was intelligently moving out of the way. At times it was harder to let it in.

I'm sure they'll be fixed (/revert to how the keepers were before) for FIFA 16.

I hate the slow rollers that go into the corner, where instead of just going to the ball and knocking it away or picking it up, the goaltender backs up then does a weird dive after the ball is behind him.

This animation cost me my spot in the Champions League. At least I can still play in the Euro League, but I was really looking forward to the giant amount of cash you get from the Champions League.

Really tired of the defensive issues I keep experiencing. Nothing I do can get my defenders to mark tighter and/or close guys down quicker. Plus, the defenders are constantly beaten far too easily, and the keeper does not seem to know how to parry a ball away from the goal. Fuckin' FIFA.

Echo Echo Echo

I know I'm not the greatest player at this game by a long shot .... but holy shit. Also, I hate that the AI will always be quicker reacting no matter what hasn't been addressed. H

I find with defence, if the opponent has the ball, I don't try to tackle. I just stay between them and the goal, and wait for them to take a long range shot or screw up a pass.

In the midfield area, I will try to get the ball. Around my keeper's area, I just try to stop them from getting off good shots.

Edited by Toe