Robin Williams reportedly dead

Lint

Yeah, I goofed. Don't know why I thought he was in that.

But I did remember he was in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ncFDuKdgNE

screw it...I"m too full of fried food to think straight

Ugh, this is the worst possible news to hear about just before going to bed. I practically grew up watching Robin Williams' films: Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji, you name it, and once I got older I gravitated to his other work. His performances in Insomnia & One Hour Photo in particular were amazing. Depression is truly a terrible thing: it doesn't care who you are, it'll try and destroy you just the same.

Philip Seymour Hoffman & Robin Williams gone in the same year. Life just isn't fair sometimes. RIP

If you want to be punched right in the fucking heart, here's the Zelda commercial he did with his daughter.

Basically, it's just hitting me more and more, where first it was this abstract, numb thing but now I'm fully realizing that one of the guys who was comedy movies to me growing up is gone. Like, it's not even that I loved Robin Williams at that time, it's just that he, Jim Carrey, and Eddie Murphy were the guys.

But, man. Just go watch whatever you loved best from him, because it's goddamn fucking impossible that with the sheer depth of material, light and dark, that he did that there isn't something for you out there.

• Like 6

Here I was thinking "it's sad, but I wasn't particularly a fan of most of his work, so it's not affected me as much as some people, obviously....and then FUCK, I remembered Jumanji. :(

• Like 8

Anyone who hasn't seen World's Greatest Dad, see it. It's brilliant.

Fantastically dark movie. I'd heard nothing about it and basically went into that movie with no idea what it was even about, really wasn't what I expected, great movie.

Such shit news this. Mrs Doubtfire 2 was due next year too :(

If I was to pick a movie I really liked of his that few saw, Final Cut would be it. An excellent straight to dvd movie about people that put together clips of what happens when you die.

But given the topic, that could wait a day or two. I still reccomend it. Its a little known gem of his. He plays it straight and does a great job.

Wow and damn. The past year or so has not been kind to many of my favorites.

Like most, I'm not particularly fond of most of his recent work and I always find it a bit sad that we decide to re-visit actors best work when they leave us but I'm going to have a hard time not re-watching Insomnia for the first time in a long, long time.

Edited by livid

So many movies I liked as a kid he was in such as Mrs Doubtful, Jumanji, Aladdin Flubber etc. I'm gutted that he's died and hopefully he is in a better place.

Depression is a horrible thing for anyone to be going through, it's just sad that he must have reached a point in which he felt like there wasn't any other option :(