Robin Williams reportedly dead

Lint

Jumanji was amazing. And the number of times my sisters and I watched Hook as kids...he had a remarkable ability to captivate us. Don't usually splash out for the public displays of farewell, but this one hits me right in the childhood. Bless you, Robin Williams. And thank you.

I was just idly browsing Kotaku on me phone and saw their headline on it. Thought it was some sort of sick joke or something, just couldn't believe it. Had to go check on the Beeb, I know their story talks about him having his demons and what not but...damn.

Gutted by this news, no disrespect to anyone else who has passed recently, but this has to be up there as one of the most shocking unbelievable celebrity deaths in several years (probably since Michael Jackson)

The guy could be a laugh riot and he could also be a serious dramatic actor, he had such great range. Don't know what else to say, still coming to grips with it.

RIP Robin, so many great roles you made your own, you'll be deeply missed :crying:

I just finished watching the episode of Louie that featured Robin Williams a couple of hours ago... :\

Robin Williams has starred in some great, great movies and he shall be remembered for a long time to come, dammit :(

I am genuinely shocked... Like seriously shocked.

When I saw the news, I ran my fingers through my hair and dropped a tear.

I guess it's true that behind the laughter, we find the most tormented souls.

Oh captain, my captain - Rest in peace!

I'm...i'm just...i'm crushed. Robin Williams has always been my favorite comedian and always will be. Every movie of his I watched, I loved. Hell, his appearance on SVU awhile back was great, as well. Just like with the Lion King (my father was killed, so Mustafa's death always gets me), i'll never be able to watch Aladdin, again. I'll just break down at the end. Like has been said before, there will NEVER be another man as energetic and funny as Robin Williams.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Williams...you will be missed...

An amazing actor with incredible range. Even though he'll always be known for his comedy roles and his stand up which is absolutely amazing, he did really well in the more serious roles as well. It's sad to see anyone die but when he was as big a part of some of our childhoods as Robin Williams was, it makes it even worse. This is so saddening. :(

I think tonight, I'm going to watch my favorite drama of his that he's done - Insomnia. It helps that Al Pacino and Hilary Swank are fantastic in it, and Alaska's weird seasons gives the whole film a different mood, but goddamn is Robin Williams just fantastic in this. I know the usual drama to point to when talking about him is One Hour Photo, but I think this is right behind it honestly. It might be kind of depressing in hindsight, since it's a dark role, but I love the movie and I just want to feel the feels!

Jumanji, of course, is on the cards as well. Flubber, Dead Poet's Society, Good Will Hunting... and my second favorite movie of his, Death to Smoochy. I can honestly say I've never done a marathon of movies when an actor/actress dies, but I feel this is appropriate for some reason. :(