The Golf Club 2

Baddar

• 1 month later...

A sequel was announced. :w00t:

Plenty of new stuff, but the announcement is below.

http://thegolfclubgame.com/2016/06/14/golf-club-2-announcement-dev-diary/

Not mentioned in the link, but any courses from the original game can be carried over and updated by the creator on the new engine, so it's not like the great courses we've played already are going to be lost.

Really like the sound of Golf Societies, too.

@Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @Thrilla

• Like 2

TGC 2 is out now in the US.

Got mine pre-ordered and will download it later ready for tomorrow's release.

Looks to have a steep learning curve once again, Societies look great, and a proper career mode where you can edit it how you please has me excited to play.

You gonna pick it up soon @Meacon?

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

TGC 2 is out now in the US.

Got mine pre-ordered and will download it later ready for tomorrow's release.

Looks to have a steep learning curve once again, Societies look great, and a proper career mode where you can edit it how you please has me excited to play.

You gonna pick it up soon @Meacon?

I am, but it probably won't be for a few months. Truth be told, other than knowing it was being made, I don't even know anything about it. So I'll sit down and read up on it tonight, which will likely make me want to buy it asap. :P 

I'd say so!

There are 3 different swing types in the game. Standard is meant to be slightly easier than TGC 1 so could be good for newcomers, Player is harder than the TGC 1 swing, but with increased control and distance, and Tour is the hardest swing to master, but has even more carry distance and control, but is said to be difficult to get to grips with. 

There's a practice range/a bunch of tutorials so I'm gonna get the basics right before diving in to career. Putting is meant to be even trickier downhill, but people seem to really like it.

You can also take practice swings next to your ball before a shot too. Handy if you haven't played in a while and you're trying to get the timing right. 

I won't get time to play it until tonight, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Ok so I played for an hour or so earlier.

Jumped straight into the Tour clubs (which can be selected by going to your player profile), as I figured fuck it, might as well learn the game the hard way, and selected one of the easiest courses (Black Brook, an official one) to give it a go. 

It was a very up and down round, but I managed a birdie on the final hole to scrape even and get myself a trophy! 

Any kind of shank to the side on your swing, or a mistake in tempo in the back/downswing will cost you, but hitting it perfectly gets you some great yardage. I feel like I can attack Par 5's a bit more on this, as my drive before accounting for the wind is about 300 yards, so a lot of them are driveable in two. I made one eagle along the way. 

The short game is improved, too. Chipping is tough but feels good, and the flop shot has been made harder, rightfully so, as it was a cheat shot in the last game and a free get out of jail card.

Putting is largely the same, maybe a tad more sensitive than before. I'd heard putting downhill was harder so took extra care on those - this course did have mostly flat greens though, so I'm sure the holes in my putting game will soon show.

Not gonna bother with the career just yet as they're having server issues, and I don't want to lose any progress. What I will do though is play a highly rated created course and see how I get on there. I think with Tour clubs, if you're anywhere near Par you're doing well, especially to begin with.

When you do get to play it a bit @MJB, let me know and I'll get an EWB Society created. Maybe we can play a round or two together at some point.

• Like 1

I've been playing for the last couple of hours and it's like playing real golf. I have great holes and crap holes and I can't tell what I'm doing differently.

I like the putting and chipping. I can't drive straight to save my life and I can't get anything other than slow on my backswing. Not quite sure how I'm doing that, maybe waiting a touch too much at the top of the swing? Meh, I'll try to push forward a bit earlier.

Played two real rounds so far, both on very easy career mode. Shot 70 on the first which was okay and was -2 with 5 to play on the second course and ended up shooting 80 when I kept driving into the water on the 14th :(

I'm definitely up for an EWB round at some point. No idea how I add anyone though ...

Are you using Tour clubs?

I actually moved down to Player clubs earlier. My controller was refusing to drive straight, and combined with needing to nail perfect/perfect to get a decent swing, I was hitting the rough more often than not.

You can add a friend before a round or do it via the pause menu. You play as normal and the other person does at the same time, you just see each other's trail. I've done it with Meacon on the first game. 

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Are you using Tour clubs?

I actually moved down to Player clubs earlier. My controller was refusing to drive straight, and combined with needing to nail perfect/perfect to get a decent swing, I was hitting the rough more often than not.

You can add a friend before a round or do it via the pause menu. You play as normal and the other person does at the same time, you just see each other's trail. I've done it with Meacon on the first game. 

Christ no. I'm on player. I couldn't use tour on the range let alone on the course itself.