The Golf Club 2

Baddar

I haven't had an eagle yet, but my nephew and gf have. No trophy for me.

I'm showing a score of 68 (I think) for Yuma, which is 4 under if it's a Par 72. Pretty sure that one had you in the 80's earlier.

Put a round in this morning but sucked so much. Shot something like +10. My putting was way off.

Another reason why I love the game...

Chose to play a round at Blue Valley Country Club HD, as recommended by the pocketscout website. It's a tough one, with the greens being the hardest part if the approach lands in the wrong place.

I ended up with +10, hitting the water 4 times, and twice on 1 hole. Knew it played tough, but not THAT tough. Figured I just had to give it another go. A couple of dropped shots, but the birdies evened them out, and I finished level par the second time around!

Turns out it's also the 3rd best global score on PS4 for that course. Granted, it hasn't had a ridiculous amount of plays, but to cut 10 shots off in a single round was brilliant.

Chris, are you free for a live rival round at any point on Monday?

• Like 1

Sure, sounds good.

I've just made and published my first course, Studley Hill Golf Club.

I went a bit overboard on the 18th. First you must try to drive on to the fairway which is deliberately uphill and thus too far away. Your second shot takes you into the BEAR ZONE where about ten bears roam around. Your third shot takes you to CROCODILE LAKE, a lake guarded by more bears on one side and a family of crocodiles on the other. Take care not to forget the two SPERM WHALES in the lake, I did and it scared the bejesus out of me as I was worried about being eaten by a bear.

Your fourth shot takes you towards the WOLF GREEN, a pack of wolves hover around this area so don;t fall short of the green. On the green itself another pack of bears are waiting for you if you overshoot and will also be sure to watch you make your decisive putt on this par 6 monstrosity.

EDIT: OK this course is horrendous, nobody will get close to the 18th before quitting. :(

• Like 4

I made another course but went a bit overboard. "Day At The Zoo" isn't published yet because there are so many animals on it that the frame rate slows right down. The first hole was "Hole Wolf" and the tee shot begins with a pack of wolves staring right at you and slowly moving towards you. They're also on the green. And the fairway. And in a bunker.

I ran out of animals towards the end so moved on to vehicles. One hole has two enormous tanker ships flanking the fairway. Another Par 3 looked a bit straightforward so I put a sedan on the green. Another has an RV blocking your view from the tee. Another has a lighthouse right in the middle of the fairway. The 18th has one of every animal and a sailboat in the lake in the middle.

It's a shame it didn't play smoothly really.

It ended up running smoothly. I actually preferred it this way, compared to shot for shot. You can get on with your own round while your friends do the same, and you see their ball trail/score. The commo even gives updates.

What's even more impressive is that you don't even need PS+ to run this or play "online" so to speak.

• Like 1

Was just on operationsports and found out there is a patch planned for this month as well! Spoilered for length only...

A patch for The Golf Club has been submitted to Microsoft for the Xbox One. HB Studios is hoping that it arrives on September 22nd, but the process could get pushed another week.

They are planning to submit the PlayStation 4 patch to Sony next week.

Below are the details for the Xbox One patch.

Extensive Network Interfacing Improvements
  • Improving speed when connecting to servers and stopping time outs.
  • Prevent bootflow network disconnect message from advancing to main.

Several Memory Leak Issues

• Improved stability.
  • Improved frame rate.
  • Course Saving error after a few hours of play – fixed.
  • Fixed crash that could occur if the user stayed on a certain screens for an extended period of time.

Latest Xbox One SDK implemented

• This fixed issues with blocky Terrain Editing within course designer.

Improved Performance

• Optimisations, to improve frame rate.

Turn Based Multi-Player

• Sped up, so users are now not waiting 10 seconds between shots.
  • Fixed multiple issues where it would get sometimes get stuck mid round.

Greg Norman Course Designer

• Fixed bunker issues around the green.
  • A couple of low frequency crash bugs fixed.
  • Fixed issue with Carousel menu sometimes not showing the correct state, and improved flow going back and forward.
  • Links theme fixed so heavy rough wasn’t thought of as water.

Tours and Tournament Flow changes

• Fixed multiple issues with the flow that were causing issues with restarting a tour.
  • Pop up implemented on Network fail requests.
  • Allow advance through tour cards.

Animation

• Fixed a hard lock on female, left handed animation.
  • Fixed a couple of animation transitions.

Physics

• Fixed spin decay bug that resulted in crazy behavior when the ball hit the pin.
  • Added a cup physics material.
  • Fixed tap in issue with putting.

Audio

• FMod Thread affinity fix.
  • Also improved frame rate of the game.

Achievements

• Fix for Grand Opening challenge (Was not being awarded).
  • Fix for Lucky Number 7 Achievement (Broken when hitting water, and added test for at or above par as-per description).

Front End/Minor Fixes

• Replay bug, where ball would sometimes not replay correctly.
  • Fixed issue where putting details would be hidden behind players heads.
  • The ‘Auto Add Friends’ option in Game Settings will be respected again.
  • The in-game scorecard will resize to fit the longest name.
  • Improved the quality of the filters on the Select Rivals screen.
  • Fixed the disappearing of the scorecard title text when displaying the screen for a while.
  • Removed the time and date on the message center (Unity doesn’t support System Clock on Xbox One).
  • Fixed the inconsistent displaying of the message center on various screens.
  • Remove unneeded texts on course detail screen during offline mode.
  • Fixed issue where Player edit screen becomes too dark to see the player when the background course time is evening.
  • Fixed the flag marker for left handed mode.
  • Fixed the longest hole out display at end of round showing spurious figure when user did not sink anything from off the green.
  • Increased the limit for the length of the list when fetching data from database, so select course, tour and create course lists display correct number for certain filters.
  • Username Truncations issues.
  • Fixed scorecard and overview yardage discrepancies.
  • Fixed scorecard color issue when in tours.
  • Fixed scout camera positioning issues.

Stat Fixes

• A collection of fixes to the statistics and telemetry including the average score always stating E.

That's the Xbox patch. They're having a lot of problems that PS4 gamers aren't, at the moment. PS4 patch is planned for mid October. No list released for it yet, but I imagine it'll be similar.

If Chris, Meacon and yourself can get on at the same time at some point in the near future, all four of us will play together. It'd also unlock the "invite three friends to a round" trophy for me. :shifty:

• Like 1

:lol: trophy whore :shifty:

but yeah we'll definitely have too, been looking forward to this game before it was even released on PC never mind consoles. Just haven't had the cash to put it into a new brand, really sick of Tiger Woods. Might be able to shuffle some funds around to grab it before the end of the work week.

I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to this game, but it's SO much better than TW. It's harder, yes, but when you play a good shot, it's because you played a good shot, not because you hit it at 120% power and used the backspin button when the ball is in mid air.

When there's a few more on board, I'll set up an EWB Tour, with multiple courses for us to play at our own convenience.

• Like 1

It ended up running smoothly. I actually preferred it this way, compared to shot for shot. You can get on with your own round while your friends do the same, and you see their ball trail/score. The commo even gives updates.

What's even more impressive is that you don't even need PS+ to run this or play "online" so to speak.

Just out of interest, what was the commentator saying about me? :(