The Golf Club 2

Baddar

The only part of the game I need to read up on is the elevation levels and loft. Need to learn when to use it because right now I'm not using it at all.

I'm on the final round. Had a bit of a mare overall that's for sure. I actually thought the third course wasn't too bad compared to the second. I've stopped a few holes in on the final course, get it finished maybe tonight. The greens on that one are like playing on ice.

If we play together at some point (Monday?) I can give you a few pointers on the loft/elevation. It's easier to explain it than type out, and takes less time.

But Son Gaul is a bitch, isn't it? It's hard to work out any approach, even to a wide open green. If you're 160yds away and play a shot to or around that distance, it'll go miles past the hole. And when the pin is protected by a bunker or rough, sitting a few feet onto the green, it's impossible to land close, so you pretty much have to find a place on the green to (try to) land, and take your chances with the putter from distance.

Edit: What did you score on Huncoat Village?

+11 on Huncoat. Made a mess of the entire tour really, quite a few easy putts missed and head went a few times. Came in hoping for an under par score by the end, ended up finishing +40 :w00t:

Good luck guys. Advice for the final course would be to almost always try to go under the recommended club. The greens are just lethal and the problem is if you end up far out for a putt the greens are so crazy there's a good chance you'll putt and end up even further away! Try not to find yourself putting downhill as even a slight miss can roll 20-30 yards.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Got the played a couple of rounds on one course, shot a +6 and then a -4, I think.

Is the loft and elevation where you can actually put backspin and things on?

Also, the pitching makes no sense, I hit everything at 100%.

Adding loft will create backspin, and you'll get more from pitch shots.

To hit less than 100%, reduce your backswing. Don't pull the club all the way back. Alternatively, use L2 to use more loft, and play at 100%. See the percentages when you're lofting up? 90%/80% etc? That means you're playing the shot at that percentage of the distance shown. It doesn't factor in the wind though, obviously.

So for example, if I'm 175 yards away and it recommends a club that goes 185, instead of changing club or swinging at 100%, I'll use a bit of loft so that the ball won't go so far.

Using less loft has the opposite effect, and carries the shots further. You'll see percentages like 145% there.

These are for the irons though, not the woods/driver.

• Like 1

Played my first round on Little Brook Manor. Finished level par which I'm pleased with, given that my round included shooting a 9 on a par 5, thanks to water hazards and poor club selection. Had a makable eagle put on the 18th to finished 1 under but fluffed it.

Question about the putting; what is the significance of aiming up/down (i.e. past the whole/before it), does that determine how far your max swing will go?

• Like 1

Got off to a really fast start at The Links course on our tour, shot -5 on the front nine. On the back I started miscalculating some approaches and fell to -2 going to 18. I buried my drive in a bunker there, and just hacked it out onto the fairway and holed out from 201 for a eagle to close. :w00t: Man, this game is fun when you hit the shot you want.

Whisper, I guess I've never really experimented with it. Hopefully Baddar or someone else knows.

The aim marker is there to tell the game the distance you intend to hit it, but it's all about tempo, and experimenting. I rarely move it towards me, unless I'm significantly putting downhill. And I'll only move it past the hole if I'm going uphill. Leaving it on the hole is just asking to under-hit it in that instance.

Chris, make sure your club comes all the way back using irons, and smoothly swing through the ball. I sometimes swing less than 100, but I can't say I've ever gone as low as 70 unless I've tried to.

Borman, what's your score after the 3 courses?