The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Hahahaha, I shouldn't have play the tour round so quickly - too confident on my part. +16 haha!

Oh god, I don't even want to contemplate the other courses. I started alright, and ended alright, but kinda lost concentration through the middle as I was doing so badly.

Still, all a learning curve. I think we know who is finishing last on this one though!

That's a bit better anyway. I decided that I was just gonna use the tour as practice since I was doing so badly. +19 on New England CC, followed up with +1 on Huncoat Village. I might not finish last! +36 in total for the tour with son gual to go.

2 eagles on Huncoat as well. 1 pitch that happened to bounce in and one par 4 green driven and a great put :)

This game is so rewarding when you hit a few decent shots!

Edit - Annnnd a poor finish nets me +20 on son gual desert. +56 for the tour as a whole.

Need to get some practice in ahead of the next one!!

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I'm watching the Wales match, so my gf has gone upstairs to give Cleric's Levy a go (on my account, that won't be me signing in). I'll let you know how she does!

+14. But she's currently -4 through 8 holes on Huncoat Village! :D

So, Baddarina ended up at +2 after shitting out on the back nine.

If I get any time at all to get Huncoat played (my round 3) over the weekend, I will.

A couple of you have already finished the tour, and I should too by Monday afternoon. If that's the case, I'll try to get our 2nd tour posted then.

A terrible 2nd half of the round at Huncoat for me. I was 5 under after 9, and flying. Then dropped those 5 shots in the next three holes, including a double bogey on a Par 5.

Managed to get one more back, and finished at -1 to take my overall score to -5 going into the last course, Son Gual.

I know I'm 12 shots clear of borman, but I'm not taking anything for granted going into that one. I'd take my last score on that course of +3 and run with it if offered.

Just had a bloody nightmare on Son Gual in strong wind. Finished +12, my worst round on that course, to be +7 overall for the 4 courses. I couldn't get my putting going, and judging the approach shots was really tough.

This now means that a score of -1 from borman on the last course will see that 13 shot swing I feared become a reality!

I missed a few putts, and had a few under-hit approach shots. It was a poor round tbf.

I usually get 4 or 5 birdies on there, which are more than cancelled out by bogeys, but my last attempt was +3 (slightly less wind, mind you), so I'm disappointed.

I do think that for borman to get par or better, it'd be a hell of an achievement. If he does, he totally deserves to win the first tour.

Well, Baddar's lead is safe, I'm +5 after 13 holes. Still shooting a pretty good round though.

EDIT: shouldn't have said anything. Bogeyed 4 of the last 5 to finish +9. Missed putts I really should have made. Oh well.

Edited by borman

On that course, if your short game around the greens isn't sharp, you're screwed. And it doesn't help when the pin is 8-10yds from the lip of the fringe. Bounce in deep rough and you stay there. Bounce over it and it's rolling past the hole and off the green. It's also hard finding a landing spot and attempting to two-putt, because they're so difficult to read.

Yeah, my short game was pretty good for the most part. I'd end up rolling through the green then put it 8-10 feet away from the pin and just miss the putt. Making the 10 foot putts really makes or breaks my rounds for the most part. I was just missing them today.

Sounds good! I'll finish my last three rounds before Friday.

I played my first and was getting some bogeys and birdies but then just completely blew up on a few holes causing my score to ballon to whatever +10 and above number I submitted :P Haven't played many rounds in total so in due time :lol: