The Golf Club 2

Baddar

There'll be times when changing the club is neccesary, but others, it'll be a case of using the one that they recommend, so to speak, and adding loft/de-lofting with L2.

For example, if you're 190 yards away, chances are it'll recommend the 195 club. But if there's wind behind you, it's going to carry even further than the 195, which is far too much. If you press L2 and move up on the D-Pad, you'll see that the percentage changes. The more loft you put on the ball, the less distance it will carry. It'll give you a percentage in the mini box that pressing L2 brings up. Sometimes between 80 and 90%. If set to 85%, for instance, the ball will now travel 85% of the 195 yards. So by uplofting, you will still be able to swing at 100% for less distance.

Hope I haven't completely confused you there!

There are times when I have to swing at less than 100% in and around the green, especially with the pitching wedge, but going out of your way to try and swing less than 100% from any kind of distance away isn't really advised.

Same goes for the pitching wedge though - that carries 45 yards. If you're only 35 yards away, hit L2, use more loft, and that will shave some yards off for you. :)

Yeah. My plan is to try to tackle the Q School courses between now and then, and get as used to them as I possibly can. Fact is, there's some people who can get -8/-10 under on these difficult courses, whereas I'm happy if I end up at Even par on most.

When playing a course, keep the green speeds in mind (it'll say how slow/fast they are before you start the round) as it can affect everything from your putting to the approach shot. I like playing approach shots towards slower greens as there's less room for error. On the fastest ones, it can be a nightmare. Just when you think you've played the perfect 2nd shot into a Par 4, the ball races on past the hole and off the edge of the green. Getting that balance right is difficult, but definitely rewarding when you are able to pull off a nice shot.

When are you free to get a round in together?

Hmm. I work from home, but I also take care of my two girls. I maaaaaaaaay be able to get a round in at like 1 or 2 this afternoon my time. If not then, I'll definitely be on tonight around nine-ish. But I know that's like two in the morning your time and much less convenient for you.

Just played Crawford Mines (a Q School course). I was +3 after 10 holes, but 5 birdies in the last 8 saw me get to 2 under. Delighted with that! I rarely get 5 birdies in a round, never mind in the space of just 8 holes.

Some tough courses in qualifying. Son Gual, Harbor Black and Copper Creek are all very tricky.

You're still listed as being live, so I think it'll put you back out there in the same place.

I missed a hole in one on fifteen by a foot though. Hopefully that turned my round around.

EDIT: Ah crap. That sucks. You were having a heck of a round.

Edited by borman