The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Yeah so far the aiming on putting and approach shots to the stick have kinda left me feeling helpless a few times. I just need to figure out how to modify the shot to what I want with this style of game and view compared to Tiger. Though they give you enough to work with in terms of area/location for each club, it will just take me some more rounds and practice to get it down. Scares me to see that some people have been just killing some of the courses on the leaderboards.

Remember, a lot of the people killing it have already been playing the game for months through Steam, and have bought the PS4 version.

I said this to Meacon when he first started - the game will recommend a club to use, but that's not always the best one. It doesn't take the wind or elevation changes into consideration.

Putting is something that I have to improve on, but I have no doubt that you'll both be a better judge of pace in time.

If you can both get on at all later on today, I'll come on too, preferably on the mic, and we'll discuss a few things. :)

I was tearing the putting up last week (in fairness that was on the easy courses though rather than the crazy greens), think it was just because I jumped straight back in after quite a few days off. Like I was missing a 4 yard putt for crying out loud.

With the mistakes I made that I'd usually of got done normally, think I should of ended up at evens or -1. I was slicing into the rough, missing close putts...just everything went wrong. That's the way it goes though, no pressure on the rest :)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

That 2nd one is a bitch in winds, I would imagine, but Cleric's Levy is a piece of piss compared to Son Gual.

Is the leaderboard not showing for anyone else? Fired the tour up, and it's not showing anyone's progress. When I hit continue, it takes me to the 2nd course, but no mention of my overall score...

Yep, it appeared on mine too, post round.

Had a bit of a mare on the Par 5, 648yd 9th. Wind wasn't helping at all, barely reachable in 3, fucked a shot from the bunker and found myself at +3. Even went to +4 at one stage, but rallied with 4 birds near the end of the round to finish Even, and keep my score at -4 overall.

Will get the other two played on Monday, more than likely.

So I shot a +2 on Cleric's Levy. Left some shots out there because of missed putts, but considering it was my second round in the past week that was a solid score. New England CC was pretty ugly for me though. My short game was so bad I was shooting from off the green for par on 9 and 10. Wound up with double bogeys on both and a +9 for the course. Should have been much better than that. I might get another round in today since i have the day off, but I might just do a practice round or two away from the tour to try to get my short game back before I hit Son Gual.

I'm sure you'll be back, borman!

It does kinda take the pressure off the final two rounds for me a little bit. :P

Practice on Huncoat before playing in the tour. Definite scores out there even for beginners. You'll bogey some, but birdies are out there. It's a fun little links course. Watch out for the rabbits though!

Edit: Johnny, borman was beating me on courses a few weeks back when we played in sync, and you shot the same as him on New England. That's far from terrible!

Yeah, not showing the main leaderboard for me, only shows the current course score when I load into the round.

Edit: Round 2 done, 9 over to finish it. I'd feel my own pain but can only feel the pain of Chris who scored 32 over!

There is a strong element of that score which belongs to me giving up at around hole 15.