Football Manager 2015

Dan

Just curious, what's the latest you would leave purchasing a version of Football Manager before you reach the point where you're like 'eff it, I'll wait until the next one comes out.'? You know getting your monies worth and all that.

Just started a new game with Borussia Monchengladbach on the original DB (I don't like starting in July 2014 with January 2015 transfers, and touchwood, haven't had any issues with the game as of yet bar one save (out of about 4 somewhat long-term ones I've gone through this year) I had corrupting) and I'm faced with a transfer dilemma after only 2 pre-season games.

Wolfsburg are after Raffael, with Schalke and Fiorentina both interested as well. They've put in a bid of about £6.5m which I can negotiate up to around £10m with £5m over the course of the season and an additional £3m in add-ons. In my eyes, it's quite a good deal for a 29-year old non-EU player who admittedly is quite good, but I want to build for the future to ensure Bundesliga dominance is on the horizon for Gladbach.

I don't want to sell without having a replacement though. How much would Fierro (also a non-EU player but he has age on his side unlike Raffael) likely cost? And what about Luka Jovic, who I've heard nothing but good things about on this FM?

Ideally, I'd have a bit left over to bank for a Kramer replacement, seeing as I'm not sure I'll be able to get him back from Leverkusen for next season - even if I have a good season winning the Europa League, DFB Pokal, a Bundeliga title challenge etc.

EDIT: Raffael also takes up 7% of the club's total wage bill, so whilst Gladbach don't have poor finances (some debt, but not bad finances all around), it would free up a good amount of wages to invest into other areas of the squad. This is pretty good too, seeing as my stupid fucking DoF negotiated a ridiculous contract for Odegaard when I signed him.

Edited by JTB

Just curious, what's the latest you would leave purchasing a version of Football Manager before you reach the point where you're like 'eff it, I'll wait until the next one comes out.'? You know getting your monies worth and all that.

I'm planning to get this version when the Steam sale hits. Granted, I don't care for updated rosters and things like that since I'm just a very, very casual fan anyway. But I think the last version I bought, it was during the Steam sale.

• Like 1

People actually use the DoF? Waste of money, both for his wages, and for the amount they always over pay >_>

He was already at the club and I completely forgot he was ever there to be honest. Change all my staff responsibilities now and needless to say he won't be around much longer.

• Like 1

It's a bit too early for 15/16 since some leagues still have playoffs and whatnot going on, so I think it'll be somewhere mid-june, early-july before we get a database with relegations and promotions in place.

That one you linked is indeed only for player/manager movements.

And my Leicester team has won the championship! We were top for a very long time, so happy we saw it through, even with a shaky end. Now the building for the Prem starts - I've already spent a huge chunk of my budget making a loan deal permanent. Had a 20 year old Greek regen on loan from Chelsea, and he scored 29 goals in 40 league games, so I paid £12 plus add ons for him, because he was just so good for us, and I think he'll only get better and better. Can't imagine he'll be with us forever. Still got some funds to strengthen in a lot of positions to make sure we have a good fighting chance of staying up.

With that said, I've beaten 3 or 4 Prem teams in the FA Cup, and after scoring in the 90th minute against West Brom to send a final to extra time and penalties, we came out on top and we're soon to play Chelsea in the final! Can't see us getting anything, but hey, great achievement all the same.

By the way, for those who don't want to start in July.. just load up like the Swedish league, and start in February/March?

Don't they all start in the winter months of the previous season nowadays though? I used to load up Brazil on the old games so I could jump in to the English season in February/March but I tried to do that a month or two ago on FM '15 and found I could only start in February of 2014, rather than 2015.