Football Manager 2015

Dan

Got to January with Everton in the first season and despite making Goodison Park something of a fortress with a five-one win over Liverpool, one-nil over Arsenal and a draw with the undefeated Manchester United, I cannot seem to win away, even against teams like Burnely. All five losses in the league have come away from home.

I have even attempted that :(

EDIT: Jagielka clears from edge of box, hits Chelsea player and rebounds to Stones, Stones kicks it off Jagielka, Remy gets the ball on the penalty spot and scores against a sleeping Howard. Great stuff, guys.

Edited by Gorka
  • Like 1

Playing as Valencia, and as there's no bottomless pool of Lim cash like in real life it's a bit different - fun though.

First season we finished 3rd. Negredo and Paco scored over 20 each. Rodrigo got a dozen and Rodrigo de Paul really impressed in the hole or in central midfield.

That season Feghouli left (I wanted to play a 352, so it made sense) and when teams started to sniff around Parejo I let him go. Gomes/de Paul were both doing well enough to cover his loss. As I said, finished 3rd, so did okay. Barragan and Joao both left, and I brought in Hugo Mallo to be the new right back with Cancelo his deputy. Rosicky came in on loan for half a season.

Just started the second season. Victor Ruiz left, as did Piatti. Both did nothing for me last season, at least Ruiz has an excuse he was on loan elsewhere.. People started to sniff around Otamendi, and Monaco put a bid in. I accepted it, because like I said, cash is tight unfortunately. Besides Mustafi and Vezo had been great last season, so I figured we can cope.

Negredo's deal was made permanent, and after such a great season I'm pleased with that. Sergi Roberto came in for 2.4m. Cheikhou Kouyate was brought in for 200k from relegated West Ham to join my Otamendi-less defence - as did Maya Yoshida on a free as backup. John Guidetti also came in on a free, but then I was able to extend Rodrigo's loan, so I'm not sure how much he'll play.

Line up is basically going to be..

Alves

Mustafi - Kouyate - Vezo

Mallo - Roberto - Gomes - Gaya

de Paul

Negredo - Paco

Orban, Cancelo, Augusto, Fuego, Guardado, Fede, Rodrigo, Guidetti and Gil could all heavily be involved too.

• Like 1

Tempted to start a MLS game alongside my Newcastle game. Given how attached I got to Toronto and the league on FM12, it may cost me a grade or two in my masters!

More than likely will go NYCFC or Orlando though, seems like a good challenge!

To be honest, MLS is already pretty easy to win in FM. Doing it with NYCFC is almost cheating.

EDIT - Here's a challenge for you, TCO: Take Toronto FC to the MLS Cup (and beyond), but the only incoming transfers can be from TFC Academy, through the SuperDraft or Supplemental Draft, or DP players who are over 32 years old. No waiver pickups (not even the Re-Entry), no trades, no loans, no other transfers of any kind. That actually makes it a little bit more challenging.

Edited by Sweet Holy Moses

That does sound like a fun challenge, but it may be a little too tough! I'm sure what it's like this year but on 12 you'd be lucky to see one good player in the entire draft and Canadian regens tend to be a bit shit too!

Edited by TCO

With the new KIA TFC Academy, you'll be pumping out one or two legit MLS players per season, if not more. FM's got KIA TFC Academy as a world-class institution, somehow. Apparently lots of money and no track record gives SI a boner. Maybe they should work for MLSE, they'd get along swimmingly.

With the new KIA TFC Academy, you'll be pumping out one or two legit MLS players per season, if not more. FM's got KIA TFC Academy as a world-class institution, somehow. Apparently lots of money and no track record gives SI a boner. Maybe they should work for MLSE, they'd get along swimmingly.

That does change things, may consider returning to Toronto after all. MLS and it's wacky rules are always good fun anyhow!

So John Terry just turned 39 in my game and has 2 years left on his contract.

Don't think I've ever seen a player that old in the PL in the game. Has anyone else?

I had Brad Friedel still going for a newly promoted team aged 43, but I assume you meant outfield.