Football Manager 2015

Dan

So John Terry just turned 39 in my game and has 2 years left on his contract.

Don't think I've ever seen a player that old in the PL in the game. Has anyone else?

I had Brad Friedel still going for a newly promoted team aged 43, but I assume you meant outfield.

Emerson Boyce is currently the oldest outfield player in the entire game at 41.

I signed Raheem Sterling for Chelsea for £48m (as well as Pogba for a ridiculous £85m) and he has been dire so far after consistently being one of the best players in the PL for 5 seasons.

When I arrived at Chelsea (from Villa, it's now 2020 if you didn't see my previous post), they only had 2 English players in the squad so I'm doing my best to get as many English players in the first team squad as possible.

So I decided against starting a Championship game after agonising over whether to pick Wolves or Rotherham (I know... some choice), so I've had another crack at a lower league game.

Started unemployed and holidayed through to October, where I got the Boston job. They were bottom of the Conference North after about 15 games, with a whopping 5 points - 13 away from safety. Managed to avoid relegation by 4 points in the end. Would have been more comfortable but for a run of 8 without a win in between some good early and late form. Ended up winning 4 of our last 6 to finish 18th.

Normally I can't stick with struggling teams, but finding this fun so far. I may have to move on from Boston though. Had a wage budget of 3.4k, which was fine, but was delighted when the "board sets initial budgets" news item popped up and told me it was now 5.4k. Imagine my surprise when I go to buy someone a week later and my wage budget is 2.3k!

So not only has 3k disappeared from my initial budget, I now have almost a third less than last year! Needless to say, I'm well beyond that. At least the finances are in the black.

If this season doesn't start well I can see myself jumping ship. Won our first game of the new season though, 1-0 at home to relegated Southport. Most uncharacteristic of us to keep a clean sheet, especially when having to play half an hour with 10 men!

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

My wage budget situation at Boston gets ever weirder. Due to "effective management of the way budget" the board have maintained the 30% transfer revenue that goes back into my budget. That's all well and good, but I'm not sure being 1.2k over your 2.4k budget constitutes "effective management".

On the pitch, things are equally baffling, but in a good way. My team, who finished 18th last season, avoiding relegation on the final day, now sit top of the league with 7 wins from 7. Not sure how long it will last, but a promotion/playoff challenge this year should at least help me get another job.

5-4-1. You outnumber them through all facets of your half of the pitch. You 1v1 them in the middle at the back, and you tell your fullbacks to pull narrow to create a constant 2v1 on the ballcarrier.

You can also tell them to push forward to promote counter-attacking.