Football Manager 2015

Dan

Never won both footballer of the year and player's player of the year before. And with two different players! (Will Hughes and Jordan Rhodes). Rhodes was the top goalscorer of the season too.

And of course I got manager of the year. >_>

Pus Rhodes won the European Golden Shoe. :o

• Like 1

I dunno, the game feels like it's getting progressively easier with each year, my St. Pauli save I walked the 2. Bundesliga playing a 4-2-3-1, with Newcastle I finished 4th playing a 4-3-3, the team is massively overrated and I can sign world class youngsters like Balanta, Tielemans, Mitrovic and Barbosa unopposed for peanuts. Won the MLS with New York playing a 4-4-2. It feels like regardless of what you do, as soon as your tactic reaches fluid, you win.

I simply don't understand these End of Season Team Meetings most of the time.

We've just won the league (with two games to spare) and the only options of what I can say are "I think we can finish in a respectable position" or "I think we can achieve a mid-table finish" next year. No option of 'challenge for the title' or anything.

Bearing in mind that there are only 10 teams in this league, I'm guessing that a 'respectable position' probably means Top 4. So that's what I pick.

Ten out of the 23 players in the meeting recoil in horror at the suggestion that we should be as AMBITIOUS as to target a 'respectable position' next season. These players include my captain and maybe half of my first-choice eleven.

Honestly. These fucking guys.

• Like 1

It's based purely on club reputation measured against the rest of the division, you can tell what that is by looking at the media prediction.

It feels like regardless of what you do, as soon as your tactic reaches fluid, you win.

Then do it with a 1-1-3-5 formation.

You're on

I simply don't understand these End of Season Team Meetings most of the time.

We've just won the league (with two games to spare) and the only options of what I can say are "I think we can finish in a respectable position" or "I think we can achieve a mid-table finish" next year. No option of 'challenge for the title' or anything.

Bearing in mind that there are only 10 teams in this league, I'm guessing that a 'respectable position' probably means Top 4. So that's what I pick.

Ten out of the 23 players in the meeting recoil in horror at the suggestion that we should be as AMBITIOUS as to target a 'respectable position' next season. These players include my captain and maybe half of my first-choice eleven.

Honestly. These fucking guys.

They really back their manager to show them the way.

Does the French CFA league count in the French Hero achievement? I'm doing a career game and have been offered a job in the French National division when I selected "apply for all bottom league clubs", wasn't sure if that meant CFA didn't count for the achievement.

Through Googling I found an old forum thread from Nov 2011 (i.e. relevant to FM12) where they queried this issue. A Sports Interactive mod went and double-checked and confirmed that you need only start in the National division, not get into the CFA via some convoluted means. Unless the structure of the French leagues they have available in the game has changed since FM12 (I've never played in them, so wouldn't know), I would presume the same applies in FM15.

For reference, the thread is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257667-quot-French-Hero-quot-Achievement-amp-CFA-issue

• Like 1

Apparently finishing 2nd in the A-League is enough for Melbourne Victory to be named the Season's Overachievers.

They being the reigning champions who have won the league three times in the past four years. Not Melbourne City, winning the title for the first time ever, who are apparently shocking to even suggest that they might be a Top Four team. No, not at all.

• Like 1

Started that job at US Colomiers in French National (IE: bottom playable) league, had a solid formation that was grinding out draws and the rare win by scoring a single goal, and only one loss. Fans were moaning about the boring football on display despite the fact we were way over achieving (expected to be 20th and bottom, we were 11th), so I decided to change it up and try and be more exciting. Well yeah, we scored three goals, but we conceded five and lost, then fans moaned because we lost and conceded so many goals. Stupid fans, I should have known I knew what was good for you :/

• Like 1