Football Manager 2015

Dan

I started a game on the Vita version upon release, and have only just started getting back into the save. I'm in my 3rd season as Utd, with the Europa League in season 1 and FA Cup in season 2 my only major trophies. I did win the Super Cup and Comm Shield too, though.

The league has been a different beast altogether. City and Chelsea have been pretty much unstoppable, and their teams are borderline ridiculous now, but I'm enjoying the challenge.

When I began, I made it my mission to get the team as close to real life as possible, as well as making much needed signings of my own, but making the real signings the priority. It's taken a while, but I've got Shaw, Blind, Herrera and Di Maria now, and I've only just had a 37m bid accepted for Falcao. He wants ridiculous wages, but I'll pay it as it's what I'm aiming for.

Still need to offload Evra (contract up in 6 months) and Welbeck (when I played before, he was still a United player :( ) but my squad is looking quite strong.

DDG

Montoya

Jones

Vertonghen

Blind/Shaw

Fellaini

Wanyama

Mata

Rooney

Di Maria

RVP

That's my starting XI, but I have got Robben (still yet to set the world on fire for me) and Januzaj who's developed really well. Garay and Vermaelen are my back up CB's.

Need to try and get Valdes in the summer, and Rojo. Although I've heard getting him can be hard because of the work permit. Just hope the Falcao deal goes through now!

Almost halfway through the season, 6 behind City, level with Chelsea but they have a better GD.

I started up a game of FM14 for the first time in donkeys and I'm playing as Wellington Phoenix, 10 players are away for international duty and it asked me if I wanted to postpone the match. Never seen that before.

Just noticed that in my game, Tottenham's home stadium is Wembley. The fuck?

Edit: Seems to have been the case since the summer of 2017, so two years now. I suppose they could be building a new ground, but I expected to see mention of it on their Facilities page...

Yeah, they've got to find a temporary home whilst their new stadium is built as its being constructed next to White Hart Lane I believe. So the game will have shifted them to Wembley - that doesn't explain why there's no mention of it in their club profile though.

Australia's stupid 8-10 week pre-season really comes into its own if you're in the knockout rounds of the AFC Champions League. Where else in the world can you pick and choose what other matches you play around important cup games?

Also, I reiterate that it really ought to be easier to get a player sold in this game. NO CLUB ever has ANY interest for ANY player. Not if they're transfer listed. Not if you set the asking price to zero. Not if you offer to clubs. Not if you ask the player himself to go round and drum up interest. Not a fucking thing.

I'm sure that superstar players in Europe get interest in them, but I wouldn't know about that...

Will there be an update to include January transfers for this game? If so, is there any way to undo it assuming it automatically updates when you load up steam? I don't really want to play games with the likes of Bony already at Man City from the start of the season, which would severely lessen Swansea's strength for instance.

Australia's stupid 8-10 week pre-season really comes into its own if you're in the knockout rounds of the AFC Champions League. Where else in the world can you pick and choose what other matches you play around important cup games?

Also, I reiterate that it really ought to be easier to get a player sold in this game. NO CLUB ever has ANY interest for ANY player. Not if they're transfer listed. Not if you set the asking price to zero. Not if you offer to clubs. Not if you ask the player himself to go round and drum up interest. Not a fucking thing.

I'm sure that superstar players in Europe get interest in them, but I wouldn't know about that...

Am I right in thinking that Aussie clubs are unable to sell to each other?

I think when you start a new game, you'll have the option to un-check the January update. At least, that was the case on 2014.

Oh cool, cheers.

I've just checked and so far there have only been 20 transfers in the Premier League this month anyway, with 7 of them players leaving for teams abroad. That will increase up to the deadline of course but it still won't be too many anyway I suppose.

Am I right in thinking that Aussie clubs are unable to sell to each other?

Very much so.