Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Football Manager 2015

In the FMC game I'm playing. I assume whatever size of database it selects has deemed him 'expendable'.

Decided to set myself some rules a new United save:

1. Can only sign two players in the transfer window.

2. Any further transfers can only come at the expense of a player at the club, so a one in, one out system. This doesn't apply in the first transfer window where I can only make two transfers.

3. Every month of the season at least one player under the age of 21 must debut. They must finish the season having played in every competition possible at the time they debuted (So a player debuting in April will at most have the FA Cup, Champions League and Premier League to play in).

4. Any player that joined in real life cannot be brought. So no Shaw, Mata, Herrera, etc.

5. Any new staff members must have either played for United or have at least one cap for their nation. Any of the staff who left when Moyes came in can't be rehired.

6. Any player over the age of 30 can't have their contract renewed.

Updating this for FM15

1. Can only sign two players in the transfer window and my net transfer spend can not be more than £15 million (may make this 20, not sure).

2. Any further transfers can only come at the expense of a player at the club, so a one in, one out system. This doesn't apply in the first transfer window where I can only make two transfers.

3. Every month of the season at least one player under the age of 21 must debut. They must finish the season having played in every competition possible at the time they debuted (So a player debuting in April will at most have the FA Cup and Premier League to play in).

4. Any player that joined in real life cannot be brought. So no Shaw, Mata, Herrera, etc. whoever the hell we signed in January.

5. Any new staff members must have either played for United or have at least one cap for their nation. Any of the staff who left when LVG came in can't be rehired.

6. Any player over the age of 30 can't have their contract renewed, unless they become player/staff members. Further to this, the average age of the squad after the first season three transfer windows can't be higher than 28. Players over the age of 30 who ask to leave can't be stopped.

Debating add a few rules regarding players wanting to leave to clubs in the CL or something similar.

Hmm, interesting scenario has popped up. Marquinhos is available for transfer (like 3 mil) in the first window, however I've already bought Eder Balanta and Martin Odegaard. The latter, however, won't transfer until 1st january. Do I count that as a first window move or a second window one under rules 1 and 2?

I'd say Odegaard is a 2nd window signing as it's a future one, not immediate.

• Like 1

Nearly bought Cristiano Ronaldo for a laugh, last night. Got a £72m fee agreed but couldn't afford the £500k/wk he wanted (only £300k/wk). Shame. :shifty:

A plethora of injuries is making me annoyed that none of my loans that the game started with have recall clauses. Could really do with having Thorgan Hazard or Mo Salah at the moment, not to mention a defender like Kalas.

Nearly bought Cristiano Ronaldo for a laugh, last night. Got a £72m fee agreed but couldn't afford the £500k/wk he wanted (only £300k/wk). Shame. :shifty:

A plethora of injuries is making me annoyed that none of my loans that the game started with have recall clauses. Could really do with having Thorgan Hazard or Mo Salah at the moment, not to mention a defender like Kalas.

This always bothers me greatly, every game I play there's always at least two loan players who I really want to recall and can't.

I wish starting players were what they were on the actual date the game starts. I hate having players that Leicester signed after July 1st in my team, and having transfer funds already drained as a consequence.

• Like 1

Messi > Ronaldo

Messi was absent via the "Realistic transfers only" filter. :(

Funny enough talking of T.Hazard, I had him on loan in my Blackburn game. Now into 2020, i decided to see what he was up to. Retired at 23. :s

I've had a couple of strange ones like that. Dwight Gayle retired and became England U19s coach at 24.

I think it was because no club wanted him. Dunno why, he wasn't good enough for me but could have improved alot of teams. Maybe he wanted too much money?

Possibly. I tend to find that if they come to the English leagues or are among the generally accepted elite group of players, their wage demands are often stupidly high for their ability.

Finished my first season as Everton in 4th place, no trophies sadly. Had a transfer embargo file enabled so no players could be signed for the first season only staff.

Hopefully we can push on this season and improve on 4th place.

Some odd results in this United save so far. 4-0 win over Burnley opening day, lose 1-0 away to West Brom. Thrashed Macclesfield away in the COC, but that's false data because Macclesfield. I then beat Liverpool home 4-0 and struggle to a 2-1 win away at QPR. Playing a 3-6-1 that's a tweaked version of something I saw on the official FM forums.

Oh, and update on rules: Brought in Eder Alvarez Balanta and Marquinhos for less than £9 million total. The latter was transfer listed for like 3.2, which is insane. Odegaard joins in January as one of my two allocated transfers. Will see who else might be available.

Debuts in August were Marquinhos (7.7 rating in the Premiership, 8.3 in the COC), Jesse Lingard (just Prem, unrated) and Ben Pearson (7.2 Prem and a goal, 7.6 in the COC).

Made it into the Europa League group stages with Vaduz in the second season.

Got drawn with Arsenal, Roma and Club Brugge. :crying:

That's the only thing with Vaduz, you can never get into the Champions League.

Was 6-0 up inside 25 minutes at home against Sunderland. Mata with a hijack of goals and assists as we finish 8-0.

Of course we then go and lose 2-1 against Man City away. Might need to drop my 3-6-1 when playing on the road.

I have found since the 15.3 patch, a massive disparity in my home and away results when playing the same tactics. I had the best home record in the league and the 9th (out of 10) away record.

Way too Northern

• Like 1

Amusing myself by checking out who the Premier League captains are in the 2020/21 season. Ones which catch my eye...

Aston Villa: Jores Okore (impressed that he hasn't been sold, tbh)

Blackburn Rovers: Grant Hanley (still~!)

Chelsea: Kurt Zouma (ZOOOUMAAA)

Everton: Leighton Baines (aged 36~!)

Leeds United: James Milner (HE'S BACK! And aged 35)

Liverpool: Jon Flanagan (pardon?)

Manchester City: Vincent Kompany (also aged 35~!)

Newcastle United: Jamaal Lascelles (who?)

Sunderland: Darren Fletcher (aged THIRTY-SEVEN)

Eh, thought it would be madder.