Football Manager 2015

Dan

After some miserable games playing as Leicester that ended in my firing, I finally got a good one running yesterday.

Got to the start of November and we've got 15 points on the board (including a 2-1 win over Man U where we came back from 1-0 down), plenty of cover (except my second string goalie, who I basically had to keep because I couldn't get anyone for an acceptable price, and Victor Valdez is a nob and just won't enter negotiations with me), still got £8m in the kitty for the winter transfer window plus a good £60,000 spare in the wage budget (an additional £60,000+ could likely be freed up if I can offload some of the dead weight or get reasonable offers for players who are decent backup but not in my first 11 and whining about it).

Add to that my board has accepted all requests for more staff, better youth and training facilities, and I have my eye on a bevvy of of young players who I'm constantly tracking, and we've got a good set up being made for staying in the Prem, despite being predicted 20th place.

11th September 2016: Marko Marin kicks up a fuss due to a lack of first team action at Southampton.

12th September 2016: Marko Marin breaks his leg in an unfortunate training ground incident, is out for 6-7 months.

:shifty:

Probably tripped over a training cone. That's pretty much all he needs to get injured.

FM14:

I'm playing a 4231 (wide) as my home formation. What is a good set up? I've got a CF, a winger, an IF and an AP as my front four.It works, but I wonder if I can improve it. Any suggestions?

That is pretty much how I had my team lined up and we won the Prem with Rovers. My striker was set to complete forward mind you.

It's working quite alright. I won the A-League in my second season only to find out that Kiwi teams can't qualify for the cup ;@

• Like 2

Dunno if this is still a thing in FM15, but here is a fun little game we can play. Which five managers like and hate you the most?

I am in September 2019 with Blackburn in the Premiership (FM14):

Like:

David Moyes (Man Utd)

Paul Lambert (Everton)

Gary Bowyer (Ireland)

Henning Berg (WBA)

Brendan Rodgers (England)

Hate:

Jose Mourinho (Chelsea)

Roberto Mancini (Man City)

Andy Thorn (Swindon)

Owen Coyle (Wolves)

Luis Enrique (Valencia)

It is still a thing, but it seems just as much of a nonsense as ever. For instance, I've been pottering around the back-end of nowhere and somehow Mourinho and Mark Hughes are two of my biggest fans.

Like:

Sello Chokoe (Royal Eagles, ZAR)

Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory, AUS)

Ange Postecoglou (Australian national team)

Jose Mourinho (Benfica, POR)

Mark Hughes (Stoke City, ENG)

Hate:

David Williams (unemployed) < lol, my former Melbourne City winger who's just retired

Lynch Pule (unemployed) < erm...my former Jomo Cosmos midfielder who's retired...I'm seeing a trend

Toninho Andrade (Volta Redonda, BRA)

STEVE KEAN (Niigata Unicorn, SIN)

Graham Arnold (Sydney FC, AUS)

• Like 2

December 2015 in my Norwich game:

Best:
Craig Bellamy - unemployed
Mark Robins - Colchester
Keith Hill - Crewe
Rocky Peeters - 36 year old unemployed midfielder who i've had zero interaction with, nor has he ever played in the UK
Frank de Boer - Man City
Worst:
Martin Allen - Barnet
Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool
Sami Hyypia - Brighton
Mick McCarthy - Unemployed, we clashed when he was manager of Ipswich
Paul Dickov - Unemployed, formerly manager of Doncaster
I've no idea why Rodgers doesn't like me, he's let me have Lazar Markovic on loan both last season and this season.

December 2015 in my Norwich game:

Best:

Craig Bellamy - unemployed

Mark Robins - Colchester

Keith Hill - Crewe

Rocky Peeters - 36 year old unemployed midfielder who i've had zero interaction with, nor has he ever played in the UK

Frank de Boer - Man City

Worst:

Martin Allen - Barnet

Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool

Sami Hyypia - Brighton

Mick McCarthy - Unemployed, we clashed when he was manager of Ipswich

Paul Dickov - Unemployed, formerly manager of Doncaster

I've no idea why Rodgers doesn't like me, he's let me have Lazar Markovic on loan both last season and this season.

Did you play them as much as you promised?

September 2016 with Everton

Best Opinion

Steve Clarke (Coach, Everton)

Jose Mourinho (Manager, Chelsea)

Brendan Rodgers (Manager, Liverpool)

Carlos Bianchi (Former Manager of Argentina)

David Moyes (Manager, Southampton)

Worst Opinion

Jurgen Klopp (Manager, Germany but used to manage Manchester United)

Paul Jewell (Manager, Yeovil)

John Coleman (Unemployed, former manager of Accrington Stanley)

John Askey (Unemployed, former manager of Macclesfield)

John Aldridge (Manager, Ireland U-19s)

How have I pissed off so many Football League managers?