Football Manager 2015

Dan

Did you play them as much as you promised?

Yeah, only trouble I've had was with Bentaleb last season and Chalobah this season.

In further Norwich news, it seems I love the League Cup. After beating Man City and Chelsea on route to a final loss against Arsenal last season, I've already knocked out Chelsea and Liverpool from this season's. With only Spurs, Derby (who just beat Man City 4-0 in the Quarter Finals) and Watford left in, this is a great chance to win it.

January 2017 with Southampton

Best:
Anthony Limbrick - Soton U18s Manager
Jose Mourinho
Mauricio Pochettino (Still at Spurs, put in a cheeky bid for Sergio Aguero the previous Summer)
Antonio Conte - Everton
Unai Emery - Ex-City Manager

Worst:
Roberto Mancini - Current City Manager, obviously heard that his predecessor had a good thing going with me
Alan Pardew - West Brom
Ryan Giggs - United assistant, bit of a cunt
Andy Awford - Portsmouth
Eddie Howe

Had two games in three days (Saturday/Monday), first was away to Man City, second was away to Chelsea. Bagged a shock 2-1 win at City, then went to Chelsea after making seven changes. Went 1-0 up thanks to Thorgan Hazard of all people, then James Rodriguez added another.

And then Hazard, Oscar and the flukiest goal Diego Costa will ever score happened and I lost 3-2. Gutted.

Is the handheld version worth paying for? ChampMan is incredibly simplistic but it's free :shifty: was just wondering if there's much of a difference between it and the full fledged game.

August 2019 Managing Barnet in League One

Best Opinion

----------------

Curtis Weston (Ex Midfielder at Barnet, now at Leamington)

Bob Peeters (Charlton Manager)

Frank Rijkaard (Had been at Arsenal)

Leonid Slutskiy (ManU Manager)

Kenny Cunningham (Tranmere Manager)

Worst Opinion

----------------

Paul Hartley (Gillingham Manager)

Phil Brown (Now Ipswich Manager, previously at Crewe and Tranmere)

Sean O'Driscoll (Now Watford Manager, previously at Aston Villa, had a "bad" loan spell with Callum Robinson)

Graham Westley (Now Stoke Manager, previously at Stevenage and Brighton)

Brian McDermott (Now Leyton Orient Manager, previously at Cardiff and Wolves)

Funny most of my best opinions are either giants I've killed in the Cups or pushed to the wall. Most of my worst opinions are guys that I've had serious slinging matches with in the media.

Is the handheld version worth paying for? ChampMan is incredibly simplistic but it's free :shifty: was just wondering if there's much of a difference between it and the full fledged game.

Don't know about this years, but whenever I used to be tempted with previous versions, I'd just read the many negative reviews on Google Play to convince me to stay clear of it. Not sure what the general consensus is this time.

Hometown Hero/Leicester City game...

Early Christmas present - kept my run of form going through November and got a 2 year contract extension! :D

Sitting pretty in 7th with a team that can still easily be improved.

:lol: No sooner had I got this contract than I went on a three game no win streak. A 4-0 thrashing away at Arsenal (we even had our consolation goal disallowed :( ), a 1-1 home draw with Newcastle, and a 1-0 away loss to Spurs. We entirely deserved our thrashing to Arsenal (Kasper Schmeichel in particular reminded me why I really need a decent second keeper to keep him on his toes, as he put in an awful performance and because Ben Hamer is not a good enough replacement), but the Spurs and Newcastle results were a bit sour as the players put in a really spirited performance, and were just denied by excellent defending and goalkeeping. Add to that we lost four central mids to injury just before this streak (aggressive Villa bastards took out two of them when we beat them 2-1), and I can't say I'm too shocked at our change in results.

Plus side - we've got good form, just not the results I needed, and we've only dropped to 11th which is still well above the 20th position expected. Add to that central mids are due back soon and transfer window opens to give me chance to spend that spare cash I have, and I have less worries about being fired now I have two and a half seasons and a higher compensation.

Had weirdly inconsistent form since just before Christmas in my Leicester game, including a 6-1 thrashing to Man City. Really need to fix the leaky defence, my wings for once are fine, but my centre backs are leaving a lot to be desired, and Wes Morgan (who was my captain) had way too many errors and got dropped not just as captain but from my team. Wasileski and Moore were performing well, but I really need back up longer term, as Matt Upson is either retiring or leaving the club at the season end due to a lack of games, and isn't up to scratch as a first stringer even under rotation.

Also still need to find a decent keeper to match Kas. Thought I'd found one for £220k from Saints who would serve as a good middle ground until I could get someone long term, but he wanted an insane £1m signing on fee which I was never going to pay to a guy in his mid 30s, but every other decent option is insanely expensive or won't join until we establish ourselves in the Prem permanently. May just have to bite the bullet and pay him that signing on fee, cause I can at least get a season or two out of him, and he's got a better rating than Kas now, so even if his ability decreases he'll still be on par. Of course, if Valdes would give me a fucking shot at negotiations this wouldn't be any problem, because I'd basically totally cave in to give him what he wants <_<