Football Manager 2015

Dan

How many leagues are you running? When I played on my old laptop, I used to run just the English leagues and this used to happen a lot (not necessarily 5 teams in the CL, but English teams dominating everything).

I have the English, German, Spanish and Italian leagues running. In my game, Villareal are the top team in Spain and have won the title 3 years running. Barca haven't won it in a decade.

Are you playing with the latest patch Brench? Because if you are I imagine the TV deal with have a big impact on it.

Yeah, I am. Arsenal have 5 players on £300k per week.

Finished 13th! Spurs were in the bottom three until the last three games, but saved themselves.

We weren't battling relegation at all this season, we were fighting to get into the top 10 - which is good. Hoping to push on with that.

• Like 1

mRkvYKu.png

FEEL MY PAIN STOKER~! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~!

It's a bit weird how FM15 works with this. In previous games you had 'Owner' Roman Abramovich, but now you just have 'Chairman' Bruce Buck and 'Managing Director' Ron Gourlay. AKA Abramovich minions.

I'm sure Ashley could afford to pay Buck off. Abramovich, no chance. :shifty:

Memphis Depay is the most frustrating player I've ever had. Doing a PSV game, he'll score a screamer once every three games but is just appalling otherwise. Anyone had any luck training him not be just a wonder-strike-but-otherwise-useless kind of player? >_>

I signed him on a game as Man Utd once and I had the same experience.

So I returned to my Nottingham Forest game after not having played since January...

33 year old Theo Walcott continues to be a clutch scoring machine for the team as I am absolutely trouncing the championship. Also had a huge 107th minute winning goal against Swansea in the League Cup that send us through to the quarter finals

And to think I got him on a free after Arsenal let him go.

62z9Vbi.png

Edited by Jasonmufc

Just lost the FA Cup final in my Forest game to, as always, Chelsea.

Virtual Jose is becoming my nemesis. They are absolutely unreal on this save. I've never come across an AI team like it. My team couldnt get near them. They had about 45 shots to our 1 (though half of theirs were harmless shots from distance), eventually winning 3-0 with 3 Costa goals in the last 20 minutes. Costa has scored 45 in 46 this season.

This is the same Chelsea who spanked me in the League Cup final a couple of seasons back. I've beaten them the last twice at home, but anywhere away from the City Ground and we don't even come close.

This one was more disappointing because we went into it in great form. We had won 9 of our last 10 to finish third in the league amd reach the final. We've beaten City and Arsenal home and away playing the same system, and have beaten United 4 times this season.

I'm at a loss when it comes to Chelsea. Best I can hope for is reaching a final in which they aren't involved!

Slow day at work and I've found myself agonising over my Forest game. Just heading into my 6th season (5th in the Premier League). We've finished 8th, 7th, 4th and 3rd in the Prem so far. The last two seasons I've played a 4141 system, attacking mentality but we drop quite deep, often giving opponents a lot of opportunities to shoot from distance. Not an issue for the most part, except for away from home against the likes of Chelsea and Juventus in recent years, where they press high and pen us in.

So despite good finishes in the last 2 years with it, I'm thinking of switching systems to try get closer to the real top sides.

What systems do you guys tend to play?

My go to formation is always 4-2-3-1. I don't think I've ever really used 4-4-2 on this FM or most other FMs. This Southampton game I'm on I've done four seasons but its always been some variation of 4-2-3-1 with the roles and instructions slightly tweaked.

It really does depend on the players you have. If you've got people capable to play a certain style do that. If they aren't good enough don't get them to play something which can be exposed by playing in a higher league or against teams with better quality players. I remember playing Tiki Taka with Grimsby which failed miserably, moment I switched to quick counter attacking long ball it did wonders.