Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Football Manager 2015

The best regen name will always be JOD BODYSLAM.

• Like 1

I think the Director of Football is pretty good. I have mine set to just put out bids for players he thinks will improve the first team, and then if and when he does I look over them and see if I want them, if I do I offer the contract, otherwise walk away from discussions. He seems to be able to negotiate fees that I wouldn't be able to, signed Andres Llamas for me for what was a pretty good fee of about £7m, and I reckon if I'd bid for him they'd have been like "NO MATE WE WANT £54M OR NO DEAL"

An yes, Rooney at an obscure club. The "___ married a previously unknown daughter of ___" of Football Manager

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

2-0 up away at Sunderland at HT, players respond very well to my half time team talk, then proceed to concede two goals in the last 15 minutes, with one being scored by 52 year old Jermain Defoe. Completely unacceptable. Game is fucking broken. ¬_¬

Ok, this is something that has bugged me for a while on FM and I've never really bothered looking into changing it...

I have multiple leagues running, and only certain subscriptions in my news feed - but is there a way to filter what appears on screen when the game is advancing days? Like, I don't care about random international friendlies, or that a Bilbao player picked up a knock etc. etc.

2-0 up away at Sunderland at HT, players respond very well to my half time team talk, then proceed to concede two goals in the last 15 minutes, with one being scored by 52 year old Jermain Defoe. Completely unacceptable. Game is fucking broken. ¬_¬

52 years old? That's some Stanley Matthews-level endurance there.

• Like 1

Shouldn't it only be the competitions, leagues and wards you're subscribed to, along with players on your shortlist? Nothing else should then be showing up.

Finished my second season with Liverpool, tweaked the tactics and managed to win the Premier League by 9 points as well as the FA Cup against Everton. I lost Balotelli for 5 months with a broken foot but Saido Berahino became a start and grabbed 35 goals in the season. I also brought Gerrard back after 6 months for 500k and he's now a Player/Coach.

Who'd you buy in the two seasons so far? I just started another Liverpool game last night and have just got into September. The Champions League group for first season tends to be bad, but this time I have Barcelona, Monaco and Gelsenkirchen, which looks like i'll probably be struggling to finish 2nd in.

I haven't sold anyone yet, but plan to get rid of Lucas next season and bring in someone like Verratti or Pogba to replace them. I brought in Sergio Romero to compete with Mignolet for 2m, then raided Anderlecht for Youri Tielemans, 15m, and Aleksandar Mitrovic, 16m. Was looking to loan them both back to their previous club but they didn't want to be loaned back so I guess they'll be good backup.

I think so...

But maybe not if you use any of its silly booster thingies?

Do you still get Steam achievements if you play FMC?

Yeah I'm getting them using FMC. If you do any of the stupid in-app purchases then I think it disqualifies them though.

I went back to FM14, done a West Ham with Swansea where you start the season spectacularly and then turn to shit after the New Year. Fighting a losing battle to stay in the top ten now.

I am pretty sure Manchester United have someone else playing in Robin Van Persie's name. The man scored five in twenty fight appearances last season and now has thirty two in thirty appearances for this season and it's only early April. Meanwhile Chelsea have eighty eight goals in thirty two games with results like 6-1 against Middlesbrough, 7-1 against Norwich, 6-0 against Liverpool and 8-1 versus Watford.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure Manchester United have someone else playing in Robin Van Persie's name.

It's Hunico.

• Like 6

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but FM15 will be £10.19 until 8th June. Bargain prices. :)

• Like 2

$16.99? There's no way that gets any cheaper during the Steam Sale, is it?

Probably tempting fate but no, I don't think it will. I haven't seen it under £19.99 until today, never mind £15.

WHO NEEDS DEFENSE *clap clap clapclapclap*

So, Wolfsburg accepted my negotiations on the Raffael deal but contract talks broke down - looks like he's staying with me at Gladbach for the time being, so signing a top young striker is out of the question for now, as is getting in a potential Kramer replacement and a good centre half.

Raffael might just end up complaining about his lack of playing time though. When Odegaard arrives in January, I'll be slowly bringing him into the first team behind Hazard with a view to taking his spot permanently when Hazard's loan, meanwhile, Kruse and Hrgota are my two preferred options up front. Hrogta has been in scintillating form to start the season and hopefully it stays that way - touch wood! 8 goals in 4 games in all competition, with a hat-trick against Jena in the DFB Pokal, a hat-trick against Hertha Berlin in a 4-1 win on the opening day and then a goal in both legs of my Europa League play-off against Grasshoppers.

Got a winnable Europa League group too. Lyon, PAOK and Apollon L. Lyon should be my only real test there and even then they're beatable provided Lacazette isn't in one of his usual FM 'turn up and fuck every single one of the opposition's defenders up' moods.

Edited by JTB

So the first year as Liverpool manager was odd. We started well and managed to stay in 1st place for quite some time, until our top scorer, Balotelli, got injured. In the end we just managed to finish 4th, 4pts above Spurs to end a disapointing season. Romero managed 10 clean sheets all season, but only costed 2m and wasn't always that bad, Skrtel got sent off about 6 times throughout the season, pissing me off. We ended up 2nd in our CL group of Barca, Monaco & some German team, only to get knocked out by Juventus in the first KO round 4-2.

Balotelli ended up our top scorer with an incredible 42 goals in 45 games in all comps, also bagging 12 assists. The nearest to him were Sturridge (15), Coutinho (11) & Sterling (14).

This season I brought in a few more players than I expected but the overall squad looks alot better than last season. Ilori, Lambert, Coates, Markovic, Luis Alberto & Iago Aspas all left and Toure, Flanagan & Brad Jones left on frees with Gerrard leaving for LA obviously. I signed Micah Richards for free to replace Toure as backup player, which is an improvement because he's much better, I still don't get why City release him. James Milner arrived to try and replace the hole left by Gerrard for 18m, PSV gave me Adam Maher for 6m, who will be backup in the AMC spot to Coutinho and I also signed Joao Moutinho from Monaco for 10m, pretty cheap for such a good player. I then broke my personal transfer record to get Harry Kane in, 55m and all upfront as I don't want massive debt. All the players I've signed are bought with the cash upfront as hopefully over time we can start to rely on our youth academy for players.

So the Squad is pretty good and will have to be rotated alot to satisfy everyone, I still have Lallana unhappy due to lack of first team apps from last season.

Squad:

- Sergio Romero & Simon Mignolet

- Micah Richards, Martin Skrtel, Dejan Lovren & Mamadou Sako

- Glen Johnson, Nathaniel Clyne, Jose Enrique & Alberto Moreno

- Adam Lallana, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Jordan Henderson, Joe Allen, Phillipe Coutinho, Jordan Ibe, Joao Moutinho & Adam Maher

- Daniel Sturridge, Harry Kane, Mario Balotelli & Aleksandar Mitrovic

I also have these players out on loan:

- Youri Tielemans, Divock Origi, Ryan Seager, Ryan McLaughlin, Jordan Rossiter, Ryan Kent, George Cooper & Jerome Sinclair

Any suggestions to improve the team for the third season? The only thing I feel we're lacking is a world class keeper and maybe anoither good Centre Back.

You bought FM15 version Harry Kane for £55m?

You mug. :lol:

Didn't Kane's stats get a boost in the January patch? (I've not looked, but it's the sort of thing they often do.)

Harry Kane is like Jesus on steroids after the January update, well worth that amount of money if he fits the system.

Main advice would be to play Youri Tielemans, every game he's not starting your pissing away his potential and he's easily the best midfielder in the world after a few seasons.