Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Football Manager 2015

I'd say you need a decent CDM of the Anchor Man mould. Sure, it's not necessarily a headline-grabbing position, but to go far in the league, domestic cups and European competitions, you'll need a player you can introduce into a game to plug any gaps, try and shut out some world class players and keep hold of the ball by not playing crazy passes all over the pitch.

Motta and De Rossi are the best in the game that I myself have used, though looking through certain players' stats I'd imagine Martinez, Matic or either of the Bender twins, particularly Lars, can be massive for your team in that position.

Think about it. No team that was ever truly successful in football didn't have a quality defensive midfielder. Busquests for example has been a constant factor in Barca's reign of dominance under Guardiola and he's still an integral figure now as they take the crown of the best club side in the world again.

Re: Defenisve Midfielders. Lucas Romero if you can afford him, if not get Mattias Kranevitter!

Yeah Kane is a god, he got 5mins as a sub against Chelsea in the first game and scored in injury time, we still lost 2-1 though :(. He has 2 in 2 sub apps so far. Yeah I probably should get another Defensive Midfielder as Joe Allen, while good, probably isn't good enough as a first teamer and has no competition. I might bring Gerrard back in January though for 500k-1m, if nothing else than to have him back and retire here. How much do you reckon them players would cost? I know I can get Romero for something like 10m and he's still at Velez (for now as Valencia/Benfica want him). What about that Danish player at Bayern, Hojbjerg? Also what kind of player is Will Hughes, he's been on my radar for some time, alongside a Leeds CM, would he be considered more an attacking player or a CM. I have a potential future spot for him as a B2B Midfielder fighting for Hendersons place if he's good enough. I know he's been good on past games, but I don't follow Derby or the Champiopnship that closely.

Hughes wouldn't be stand-out in that role I'd imagine. You might be able to train his physicals and defensive stats to a level where he's decent back but he's more of a playmaker than a midfielder who gets stuck in with the dirty work.

Romero was a great suggestion, whilst I'm yet to try Kranevitter myself. Lars Bender is always quality on FM so if you can get him, you have an elite European CDM in your team who can play a solely defensive role or be a quality box-to-box midfielder.

Lucas Romero has been really good for me. I've actually started using him as an attacking midfielder.

Who'd you buy in the two seasons so far? I just started another Liverpool game last night and have just got into September. The Champions League group for first season tends to be bad, but this time I have Barcelona, Monaco and Gelsenkirchen, which looks like i'll probably be struggling to finish 2nd in.

I haven't sold anyone yet, but plan to get rid of Lucas next season and bring in someone like Verratti or Pogba to replace them. I brought in Sergio Romero to compete with Mignolet for 2m, then raided Anderlecht for Youri Tielemans, 15m, and Aleksandar Mitrovic, 16m. Was looking to loan them both back to their previous club but they didn't want to be loaned back so I guess they'll be good backup.

So far I've brought in:

Danny Ings (Burnley)

Saido Berahino (West Brom)

Maximilian Meyer (Schalke)

Andreas Cubas (Bocas)

Steven Gerrard (LA Galaxy)

Eder Alvarez Balanta (River)

John Stones (Everton)

Nathanial Clyne (Southampton)

Mendes (Maritimo)

Re: Harry Kane.

I've only just bought the game and 8 games in as United, he's scored 11 goals for Spurs who are top after winning 7 and drawing one. Spurs always seem ridiculously overpowered on FM.

I've only just bought the game and 8 games in as United, he's scored 11 goals for Spurs who are top after winning 7 and drawing one. Spurs always seem ridiculously overpowered on FM.

In my mates game they were bottom of League 2 in 2023/2024, that was until my mate decided to leave Barcelona to get them back into the league.

Spurs problem is that they tend to overspend hugely on players, and they never seem to consistently reach european spots that pay enough to keep them profitable. Even in the save of my mate they were hugely overspending on bad players despite being in League 2 and having nowhere near the monetary power to even underspend, they went into administration three times in that save and only when my mate came in they start to pay smartly (all in part due to my mate knowing how to pinch pennies)

Lamela and Eriksen have also started the season by scoring for fun too. They always seem to drop off, mind.

Looking forward to playing it some more tomorrow afternoon.

Spurs are overpowered because they have some excellent players - on paper.

In reality, they can never convert that into anything tangible.

• Like 1

Balotelli is the biggest case of being over powered. He's banging in 30 league goals with Liverpool almost every season.

I guess that's one thing I wouldn't be opposed to using the in game editor for, if I had it. Improving under rated players and reducing stats of players who are just too good.

I don't think I'll get it though. Not even sure what it costs, and chances are I wouldn't drop stats of a player on my own team, so yeah.

On the Vita version last year, I brought Andreas Pereira through and got his stats up despite not playing him every single week. That's the plan with this one to. For his position, he has good stats to start with. Same goes for Januzaj.

In my current game Spurs got relegated in their first season. So yeah, not always.

Kane was sold to City where he did really well for 4 seasons and Spurs just bought him back.

I started a new game with Gateshead and Adam Campbell is far too good for the conference. He's set to break Matt Tubbs record with a third of the season.

I hope I can get him back on loan if I make it into League 2. Got a 17 point advantage ahead of 2nd place so unless I drastically fuck up I should be alright.

Got sacked from the Premier League. Now I'm managing in the German third division. All part of the plan. :pervert:

So the second season has been pretty good, we lost to Barca in the first KO round of the CL after getting 2nd place in our group behind Valencia and we won the Capital One Cup, beating Newcastle 3-2 in the final with a last minute Kane goal. Chelsea beat us in the Semis of the FA Cup and we have one game left in the league and anything can happen.

We are 3pts clear with a game left ahead of Chelsea and face...Everton (Who we haven't won in the league yet). Knowing my luck we lose and Chelsea beat Man Utd and win the title. Kane and Balotelli have been a lethal combination with Kane getting 32 goals and 12 assists and Mario getting 30 goals and 18 assists. Sturridge wasn't as good this season, getting 9 goals and Coutinho and Maher are really challenging each other in the AMC Shadow Striker role, Maher with 17 goals and 12 assists and Coutinho with 15 goals and 7 assists.

I have already signed Jack Butland for 5m as the backup for Romero next season with the plan for him to slowly replace him. I tried for Scuffett but they wanted over 80m for him and even if he is world class I'd rather get Butland in who has lots of potential and is English. Also this means Mignolet will be leaving too. Jose Enrique won't accept a contract offer and will be leaving for free at the end of the season, not sure how much I would need to pay Utd to get him but Luke Shaw is a potential target, any other ideas for cheap but good Left Wing Backs? Also Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana & Joe Allen all want to leave, so for the right price I might sell them.

Looking to get Gerrard back and then try for Romero who is still at Velez. Also I feel like Mitrovic will be leaving too as he hasn't been nearly as good as I expected, with 8 goals in two years. I will be giving Jerome Sinclair a shot at the first team to replace him a bit next year.

Lets just hope I manage to beat Everton now~ >_>

Went ahead and got this. $16 is too good to pass up. And now to start my career the way I start it on every version of FM I get: As manager of Braintree!

• Like 1

So I drew Everton 0-0 and Chelsea also drew which meant we won the league! Since then I made a few signings and started the third season with a penalty loss to Chelsea in the Community Shield after a 3-3 draw and then a 2-1 loss to Man City in the Prem opener. So not too great then.

Sold Allen, Mignolet, Lallana and Lovren for 41m between then and got in Gerrard for 600k, Ashley Cole for free after Enrique wouldn't resign, Phil Jones from Spurs for 30m to replace Lovren, then spent 40m to get Sergio Busquets in from Barca, thanks to some info from a new scout I hired. I also see a few top quality regens that I will probably end up buying in January, as I still have 15m to spend if needed.

Squad:

- Sergio Romero & Jack Butland

- Micah Richards, Phil Jones, Martin Skrtel & Mamadou Sakho

- Glen Johnson, Nathaniel Clyne, Ashley Cole & Alberto Moreno

- Steven Gerrard, Sergio Busquets, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Youri Tielemans, Jordan Henderson, Phillipe Coutinho, Joao Moutinho & Adam Maher

- Divock Origi, Harry Kane, Daniel Sturridge & Mario Balotelli

I wish I had the money. :( I'll wait for a hopeful similar deal on 16 in a year, and start saving up now.

Cheapish leftbacks depending on where they are: Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg, Jonathan Silva (Sporting Lisbon iirc), Alex Sandro from Porto.

Andrew Robertson from Hull might be a decent shout too.

Oh what's that lads? You can beat Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool (3-0!) in the league, but League 2 Rotherham in the FA Cup fourth round you fail at? Great.

• Like 2

"Our priority has always been the league..." :shifty:

• Like 2

Ruben Duarte is an excellent buy at left back too. Very adept at centre back as well.

"Our priority has always been the league..." :shifty:

I'm just annoyed because half the squad had their ambition be to win the cup this year. Plus side, we have finally managed to jump out of mid-table where we've been for three seasons and are challenging for Champions Cup places. Hopefully the board give an injection soon because I've held back on big money transfers in favour of improving youth and training facilities.