Football Manager 2015

Dan

Guide the expected mid-table Bristol City to third place in the Championship at the start of the second season, sacked because the previous chairman set a target of eleven points from the first five games. I got ten points. The board feedback is "satisfied" for the last month.

The lack of flexibility is a joke.

• Like 1

Should have tacked on a 50% sell on clause or sutin.

Had a 15% one. So that adds nicely onto the 20m I originally got from him.

Guide the expected mid-table Bristol City to third place in the Championship at the start of the second season, sacked because the previous chairman set a target of eleven points from the first five games. I got ten points. The board feedback is "satisfied" for the last month.

The lack of flexibility is a joke.

I had to get 8 from 5 at the start of the season. Got 10 I think. So got a new contract and I'm ready to get promoted again!

Oh man, managed to get Leicester into play-off positions with about 6 games to go. Derby & Watford went on very good runs, and going into the last game, I was 6th, 3 points behind Watford, and level with Derby. I had a superior goal difference to both.

Sadly, we lost 1-0 to Watford (an 80th min controversial pen) and Derby came back from 2-0 to win 4-3. So somehow we ended up 8th, after starting the day in 6th. Don't think we'd have won the play-offs, seeing as we lost our best player to a 2 month injury.

It's probably not so bad, the squad would've needed a real overhaul in the Prem, and now I can actually start building a team and hopefully we can go up next year.

• Like 1

Finally picked this up yesterday, I've been on a severe 01/02 binge for years and my last purchase was '12. Started a game as Liverpool just to get a feel for it. Worked through some tactics, decided to go with the HULK SMASH tactic and it's doing wonders for the team, Balotelli has 17 goals in 9 games, Danny Ings (my only singing) has picked up 8 in 15 games. Sturridge is struggling to fit in with the system.

There's a 19 year old midfielder, Dean Parker, who got 22 appearances last year. Graduate from our academy. With a few players (namely George Williams) having left as we got relegated, he's now a starting midfielder.

Just scored this..

:wub:

• Like 1

Oh man, managed to get Leicester into play-off positions with about 6 games to go. Derby & Watford went on very good runs, and going into the last game, I was 6th, 3 points behind Watford, and level with Derby. I had a superior goal difference to both.

Sadly, we lost 1-0 to Watford (an 80th min controversial pen) and Derby came back from 2-0 to win 4-3. So somehow we ended up 8th, after starting the day in 6th. Don't think we'd have won the play-offs, seeing as we lost our best player to a 2 month injury.

It's probably not so bad, the squad would've needed a real overhaul in the Prem, and now I can actually start building a team and hopefully we can go up next year.

Not good enough. #jimmyout

• Like 3

My first season with Brentford is coming to end and it's gone brilliantly except I'm stumbling over the finishing line into the Premier League.

Sitting top 8 points clear of 3rd still with 5 games to go, so I should still get promoted although if I keep up this terrible run of form Norwich will definitely catch me and beat me to the title. I have a feeling this team is going to get smashed in the Premier League because the club has very little money.

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1

Scraped the league in the end, so happy with that. Turns out they gave me £13mil and £93k more in wage budget to play with, but a midtable finish was minimum expectation I could choose. Ouch!

Before the playoffs were done I had deals for Florian Thauvin, Mario Suarez and Will Hughes wrapped up. Shipped Alan Judge to Norwich for £6mil so that gave me a bit of money to play with. Went and signedDouglas from Barcelona and then Atsu, Lascelles and Bamford on loan too. That'll probably be the end of my business, no idea how the team will gel and perform in the Premier League. Will probably line up something like

Button

Douglas - Deen - Lascelles - Bidwell

Suarez - Hughes

Thauvin - Jota - Dallas

Gray

Biggest decider will be if Andre Gray can do it at the top level. Going from the Conference to Premier League in two seasons is a big feat! I can't imagine Bamford will be prolific either.

Curiosity - how do people tend to spread their management attributes? I tend to have a 50/50 spread between tracksuit and tactical (though sometimes I'll put a tad more into tracksuit, depending on the game) with the below focus, with focus on attacking, mental and tactical on the tracksuit side so I can ensure I play decent attacking and determined, discipline, man management and motivation focus on the other so I can manipulate everyone to my whims (plus some adaptability if it's going to be a career game).

Curiosity - how do people tend to spread their management attributes? I tend to have a 50/50 spread between tracksuit and tactical (though sometimes I'll put a tad more into tracksuit, depending on the game) with the below focus, with focus on attacking, mental and tactical on the tracksuit side so I can ensure I play decent attacking and determined, discipline, man management and motivation focus on the other so I can manipulate everyone to my whims (plus some adaptability if it's going to be a career game).

Full focus on tactical for me. I let my coaching staff do the job of training my players so I can put them in tactics that will win matches.

It's now the latter part of 22/23, and with continental pro license these are my skills.

0a6ce90c09c2854a0c93fed59378e25f.png

As you can see, my coaching skills have gone up quite a bit, but my mental skills have stayed largely the same.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I've kept track of my management attributes throughout my game (although I'm at work so don't have it in front of me). Still don't really understand how/why most of them increase, but there are definitely a handful which simply haven't budged over nine years. For example, I presume my 'Working With Youngsters' stat would only increase if I actually started managing the U21 teams and such.

I like the determination of 3 that you have.

It reminds me of finding a player with decision making of 1. I could imagine him running through on goal and then just clearing the ball out of play for a throw in.

• Like 1

I like the determination of 3 that you have.

It reminds me of finding a player with decision making of 1. I could imagine him running through on goal and then just clearing the ball out of play for a throw in.

I'm going to try and buy him... then again, what if they say no... Eh fuck it, I'll try something else...

But anyways, when you start with the lowest possible amount of XP you only got a little bit to spend and I decided to spend it on the trifecta of Discipline, Man Management, and Motivating.

It has served me well, despite me apparently having the determination of... something.

On the diary game I've started with no qualifications and sunday league experience. I've never seen so many 1s and 2s for a manager before. Can't imagine Chengdu will pay for me to do any coaching badges either seen as though we have no money.

Well, the Asia Cup just finished and I got two job offers. One from South Korea and one from Australia.

Being the Dutchman I am I chose South Korea, i'm going to try to go one step further than Hiddink in 2002 and go for an actual medal at the next world cup (lol, as if)

Edited by Jasonmufc

I didn't note down my attributes at the very start of the game, but I've added what they were in 2016 in yellow, next to the current 2023 ones.

Lesson learned: prioritise Adaptability, Determination and Discipline stats when assigning them in future games. -_-

fmattributes_zpsc43ahzc0.jpg

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE! :w00t:

j0zi0w.png

I was actually doing pretty poorly up until that point, 6 points from my opening 7 games and on a streak of 4 consecutive losses. I tried playing football against Premier League teams and I was getting torn apart. So then I cowardly retreated in to my Championship shell, played essentially 5-5-0 against City for the draw and caught them 3 times on the break. Played the same formation at home to Arsenal and won 2-1! It's a slog but if I can stay up and keep my job this season I can definitely keep building

• Like 1