Football Manager 2015

Dan

It's so hard getting good English players to meet your quotas. My last long term FM game was on 2012 when I was manager of QPR and Liverpool for about a decade altogether and there were barely any good youngsters coming through. I think I relied upon a two star Raheem Sterling as my best home-grown player.

It's so much easier as Roma manager in the game I'm playing now. There are actually good young Italian players and they aren't prohibitively expensive either. My standard first 11 has six Italian players. Daniele De Rossi is still around too.

It depends really, certain teams its a lot easier to meet the quota than others. Teams like Southampton are good for it for example as you have Forster, Clyne, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin counts and Jay Rodriguez.

You won't find players who are world class but you will find some starters and good squad options.

Are Italian games fun? The thing that always puts me off is the co-ownership.

Yeah, my English players are largely back up or youth that might hit the first team squad with luck and/or first stringers getting injuries. Lewis Baker and Liam Moore are my absolute two key players though, and they're both English. Thankfully I do have four or five potential world class English players coming through who I've poached over the last three seasons, but like I said - time and luck will play a big part in them breaking into the first team.

It depends really, certain teams its a lot easier to meet the quota than others. Teams like Southampton are good for it for example as you have Forster, Clyne, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin counts and Jay Rodriguez.

You won't find players who are world class but you will find some starters and good squad options.

I like them. On my current game it didn't take too long before the Milan teams become good again so you've got a fairly competitive league with Juventus, Roma, Inter, Milan, Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina all offering teams that are real contenders, while the likes of Atalanta and Sampdoria have also made it into the Champions League.

Co-ownership is a bit weird but I don't use it, and as far as I'm aware the AI doesn't either. The only involvement I've ever had with it was at the end of my first season when the pre-existing co-ownership deals lapsed.

Left Gateshead to join Portsmouth back in League 2. They've got a good squad but a lot of people on high wages for League 2 who aren't good enough for the first team or the bench so I'm going to have to clear out a lot of the dead weight. Got a really good strong first team though, hopefully be able to win the League with them.

I've probably took Gateshead as far as I could/wanted to really. Started to hate the team during the 2nd half of the season.

Also looking at the Pompey team I feel I can pretty much dominate League 2 and do well in League 1. That and I managed to get Niko Kranjcar back to Portsmouth. Plus if I win League 2 that's another trophy under my name.

• Like 1

I'm so reluctant to start my second season. We did so well in that first season, but I had to upgrade so many of my guys in hopes of not getting destroyed in this new league, so now I'm afraid I didn't do it right. <_<

And the pre-season friendlies didn't tell me much since my assistant either scheduled much lower competition or premier league squads.

Thing that puts me off is only two non-EU signings a season.

Just smashed the club transfer fee from four seasons ago by £15m, spending £30m plus incentives for a potentially beyond World Class goalkeeper to replace my two solid hands Juan Soriano and Kevin Trapp (though only Trapp will actually be leaving), who haven't been up to par as much as I'd hoped in the last few months. Hoping he makes it to the top.

In FM2012 I sent out a youth player to Deportivo on loan at 18 and he came back even better for playing every week and eventually turned into a world class player.

I'd always try to get a good affiliate in a top division in Europe to get the best results!

Does anyone ever have a good experience with sending out youth players on loan? Every time I do it they seem to lose potential. I think I'm just going to keep them at the club in future unless they have no actual future with the club.

Depends what leagues they go to and how often they play. Sometimes it's better to keep them at your club until a better team wants them on loan. Can easily give them a run out in the league cup.

Huh, learned something new today about Youth Intake:

Search Overview – World – Transfers and Youth Intake

You will then be able to go into each players player profile and get scout report. Could be very useful for pinching players from clubs with better youth systems.