Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (Blood vs. Water 2)

GoGo Yubari

Cast is announced.

I guess the Blood vs. Water twist meant that Survivor finally has an opening to complete the CBS reality show cross-pollination with an Amazing Race team. And of course it's the Twinnies, though given some of TAR's other favorite teams it could be way worse. Still, if you don't like loud people then... yeah. Here's a thing.

The Sri Lankan twins? On Survivor.. thank God I always tend to give up on that show most seasons fairly soon, I'll know to skip this one all together.

I love that the the black married couple Val and Jeremy knew who John Rocker was and said they were happy to see him. Not because they thought he was a good person, but because they thought he was a good goat to take to the end. That speaks volumes about his chances of winning.

I enjoyed them, Kelley (who mocked John Rocker's wife for bringing a designer hand bag out to Survivor), and the frat brothers. Thought the cast was a bit of a snooze from their interviews.

Exile Island is apparently also back, according to EW.

• 4 weeks later...

I was kind of jaded on Survivor as of late. I didn't really love last season and the characters. I tuned into the premiere a bit skeptical.

But oh man, I feel like it was one of the most premiere since Heroes vs. Villians.

*Nadiya continously calling Josh one of the girls when she is trying to convince him to join his side.

*Keith being completely oblivious when Val clearly got the clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol. I laughed out loud when Val was like "oh, yeah it's just something about my camp" and Keith was like "oh, well, it is something about her camp, aw shucks".

*Wes asking John Rocker his name. John Rocker replies "Wesley" or something stupid. Wes two lines after were so good "Are you sure it doesn't start with R?" Clearly, John Rocker is outed at this point. But he lies AGAIN! Next is when he says "Does it have 5 letters... (pause, John Rocker looks confused), oh wait your name has six letters" and than John Rocker basically fesses up in the span of one minute from the beginning of his lie.

*Val and Jeremys back and forth followed by their forced competitition.

*Drew going on about being a model and people may recongize him and also being really good at building shelters was so silly and makes me realize he is a total idiot.

Early favorites are Jeremy and Val. Wes and Drew seem like they'll be comedy gold. John Rocker was pretty quiet the first episode and I anticipate that will change.

I like that the Twinnies either didn't read the reaction to their oblivious, unintentional offensiveness re: other people on a reality show who happen to be gay when they did it with the Beekmans in TAR21 or they just don't care. That's... woof. That's dumb.

To be honest, I also think getting rid of Nadiya is a mistake; she's strong in challenges and inherently unlikable, and making one good strategic move in TAR doesn't make her a serious problem going forward. But the strategic play seems to be slower paced this season than it usually is during this current period of Survivor.

Jeremy and Val are for sure my favorites.

I haven't seen any seasons of Amazing Race, so I have no background knowledge of the Twins, but it could (and is likely) be the case that most people did not have any prior knowledge of her behavior on the Race and the fact she was an aggressive or backstabbing like player may have been embellished by Dale and assumed by the other player.

I haven't seen any seasons of Amazing Race, so I have no background knowledge of the Twins, but it could (and is likely) be the case that most people did not have any prior knowledge of her behavior on the Race and the fact she was an aggressive or backstabbing like player may have been embellished by Dale and assumed by the other player.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. She was an easy target/distraction, which was exciting news for the other two easy targets in Dale and Rocker.

I want the other twin and John Rocker gone. Didn't care for John Rocker when he was pitcher before all the douchebaggery/meatheadedness was revealed, and certainly don't now.

Sucks that they tried to vote out Dale, considering they wouldn't have even had fire if he hadn't broke his glasses to use to make it. (I understand it. Just think there are others who should go before him)

Early favorites are Jeremy and Val. Wes and Drew seem like they'll be comedy gold. John Rocker was pretty quiet the first episode and I anticipate that will change.

Jeremy and Val are for sure my favorites.

A swing and a miss for me and GoGo.

I can't remember the last time I was so off about somebody.

What were your thoughts on Sarah last season? Because a lot of us fucked up on Sarah.

Jeremy still looks strong, at least. But god, Val and Rocker. What an absolute disaster of miscommunication and not knowing how the show works.

What were your thoughts on Sarah last season? Because a lot of us fucked up on Sarah.

Jeremy still looks strong, at least. But god, Val and Rocker. What an absolute disaster of miscommunication and not knowing how the show works.

I thought Sarah was okay, but I didn't see much in her.

I actually think Val was toast anyway, so her lie about two idols was her way of bluffing to try and create some sort of split vote scenario where she could save herself. However, the one who really fucked up was Rocker who found the idol and should have either realized Val was lying OR been forthcoming to Val about it, because than Val could have said "well, I was lying, so lets use that idol". Vals lie was somewhat justified if you believe that she was on the chopping block regardless (which I do), but was only really tanked when Rocker found the idol and didn't seem to comprehend the significance.

Val only has herself to blame. I thought Rocker's look of disbelief when she didn't play either of her TWO idols, was fantastic.

She brought her demise upon herself, and will like push John off his rocker.

Early episodes are so easy to read, as only people in jeopardy get any screen time. Personally, if I were in this game, I'd be taking Rocker along with me as far as possible. He is going to get zero votes from women or minorities on the jury, which means either of the other finalists (one or two) are a lock for winning (or second.)

You know, I was skeptical of Josh from the beginning, but he is playing a pretty smart game and he is a pretty good narrator. I mean, the first three episodes and the boots have all been called from his perspective and he seems to be the only one willingly to make shift the game up. I think he'll be an early merge boot, but I like what I see. Jeremy seems to be the narrator of his tribe, but we haven't got a lot since they haven't gone to tribal.

Also, my favorite duo by far is Keith and Wes. It's funny to watch Keith and Josh interact and to think about seasons like Borneo or Africa and how far gay rights have come, even as evidenced by Survivor. Rudy was flat out calling Richard a queer and here the most "offensive" thing said was that Josh will sleep on the otherside of the fire. I thought it was a nice call back.

I think this is a funky season strategy wise, especially with Coy dropping three members in a row. Baylor and Josh seem to be the most feisty strategically, but I think they'll be toast at the merge just because they'll be seen as huge gamers.

I don't exactly like John Rocker but the reaction to him was really weird. That incident was like 15 years ago. Is there any indication he still feels that way? Or even really did in the first place? Does he still say "homosexual things" as Jeremy said?

Just an odd episode to me