Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (Blood vs. Water 2)

GoGo Yubari

For what it's worth, per his exit interview with Gordon Holmes he watched last night's episode on Skype with Jeremy, Val, and the Twinnies and they're all friends now. He's probably an asshole but maybe not a bigot.

Yeah. I think they created a big deal out of the bigot and racist thing because it made for "great" television (I agree with Srar, it was just strange), but I think it was fairly obvious that Josh was just about ready to get rid of him anyway last night. He was an erratic person who clearly doesn't understand Survivor and had no idea when to shut his mouth. Three strikes he is out - he openly admitted to plotting with Val, he expressed a desire to hit a woman and than openly told Josh he had the Hidden Immunity Idol. I think his past had little to do with exit, but it made for good television, just like the Twinnie calling Josh saying Josh was one of the girls.

• Like 1

Oh my god, the gameplay in Survivor Cagayan vs. the gameplay here. How can these both be from the same calendar year? It's amazing. Like, the moves some of these people are making are SO BAD that's it's almost as fun as the speed chess that was Cagayan.

Oh, Drew. Holy fucking shit, Drew. One of the worst players ever.

Drew has to be the worst player ever.

It has been a fun season so far. All the terrible players are getting taken out, so at least the merge is looking fun.

I'll miss Drew because his ineptness combined with delusions of ability and intellect were truly impressive.

The Kingpin? The Mastermind? He wouldn't be able to win a game of tic-tac-toe.

I will say one thing I hadn't really thought through before was how until a tribe goes to a first elimination vote that the cracks in the tribe are revealed.

Yeah, I really do think Drew going home was completely warranted, but man oh man did I wish he would have stayed. He was comedy gold in the first four episodes. I've really only got Keith around to laugh at now. Because Keith is also superbly terrible at the game and Jeremy just spent the last episode driving the bus over him.

If I'm Jon and Jaclyn I probably think that Missy and Baylor are way easier to control than Kelly and Dale. Also, Dale was in an alliance that would have booted Jaclyn out eventually had the tribes not been switched up.

On the other hand, Dale probably would have been a great final 3 goat.

I'm on the fence about it. I actually think that Dale and Kelley may have been the better pair if only because I don't actually think Missy and Baylor are easier to work with. Missy and Baylor both come across as quite strong willed individuals who are playing for themselves. I mean, Dale came across that way too, but Kelley seemed to be a dud, so I'd think in my head, it is way easier to deal with one type A and one dud than two type As.

The only counter argument I could see to Dale and Kelley is that maybe John and Jaclyn perceived that Dale was closer with Wes/Josh/Alec than Baylor was. Hypothetically, if Dale and Kelley join up with Wes / Alec / Josh / Reed at the merge, that is six right there. I'm assuming Jaclyn had a good read of her tribe and saw that Wes/Alec/Josh were all aligned and it is only logical to assume that they'd team up at the new Honopu. So taking Dale or Kelly out limits that power alliance starting up at the merge.

Eh, for whatever reason I get the feeling that Kelley was a decent but extreeeeeeemely under the radar player. Like, I won't miss her because she wasn't compelling TV and character-wise she was the biggest non-entity left (now taking that mantle is Julie, who at points I completely forgot was on the show).

It should have been Missy or Baylor who got the boot, since those two are essentially the cause of their tribe's rice problem.

Hunahpu's penalty for more rice should be an on the spot tribal council, or automatic loss of the next reward challenge.

Eh, for whatever reason I get the feeling that Kelley was a decent but extreeeeeeemely under the radar player. Like, I won't miss her because she wasn't compelling TV and character-wise she was the biggest non-entity left (now taking that mantle is Julie, who at points I completely forgot was on the show).

Her edit was strange. Drew was insistent she was the mastermind and that she was a masterful Survivor player, but that isn't what came across on television for whatever reason and other players stated the opposite opinion of her. I think, like a lot of people who are fans of the show, she got out there and realized the social game is much more complex, fast paced and difficult than you originally thought. She was probably trying to make some moves, but she probably wasn't cut out for the game.

Jeff's comments on EW.com all but confirm that Josh and Jeremy don't win and that it is going to be somebody more unexpected and under the radar and hints that it'll be a Sandra like player who wins. He says that they whoever wins will be someone who flies under the radar and jumps alliance to alliance whenever they need to.

I found the whole editing of this episode rather strange. It seemed that it was going to be either Dale, Baylor or Missi, and Missi would have been the best choice as she doesn't comprehend how to ration rice and taught her daughter the same skill, doesn't have much of a social game and I can't recall her adding a single thing to challenges. Didn't she help lose a puzzle reward challenge at some point after her tribe had a huge lead.

I think Kelley could have been a successful player but that her father scuppered those chances by not putting up with clueless people - that or Missi possibly asked Dale to be husband number four and his laughter bit to her core.

Jon and Jaclyn - Jon appears to be approaching Drew levels of delusion and I think he helped Jaclyn make a poor decision. The sooner those two are gone the better, Jon can stick around for a bit for dumb guy laughs.

Keith played that situation absolutely perfectly, although why Dale and Kelley didn't offer him up a mini-alliance was beyond me. I can't recall one scene of those three together post immunity loss.

Man, the best part about this season... inept Hunahpu vs. dickish Jeff Probst.

I'm curious to see precisely the steep price of rice.

Oh and Sassy GoGo... I remember Julie because while she slims down... amazingly her breasts do not!

And Sassy Rick Grimes looks like Gina from Brooklyn Nine-Nine to me. That's what she should be for the Halloween episode!

Edited by Beeker00Zero

Just gonna throw this out there, but Jeremy's rant against Josh and Reed made me slightly uncomfortable. I mean, I don't know if he is pissed because Val isn't there or he's just an irritable guy in general, but being pissed off that a couple is showing affection is strange.

Jeff Probst says that a move is coming next week that the audience and the players are going to hate. So somebody may be quitting.

I think there is probably a degree of bitterness over Val getting (herself) voted out. Josh seems to come off as the leader of those guys, he just took one of Jeremy's numbers, and I imagine Jeremy sees all of those guys as the people responsible for Val going, though surely there was SOME conversation about why Val was voted out at some point after the swap that hasn't made air. But Jeremy's bagged on pretty much everyone on his current tribe but Natalie at this point, and I think he has a very set idea in his head about how to play Survivor The Right Way and he's ended up on one of the worst seasons to be like that in ages.

So out of the people left at this point, who do you think deserves to be voted out, since the merge is next week?

Personally, I want Jon, Baylor and Missy gone. And I have a feeling an immunity idol will finally get played either next week or the week after.

So out of the people left at this point, who do you think deserves to be voted out, since the merge is next week?

Personally, I want Jon, Baylor and Missy gone. And I have a feeling an immunity idol will finally get played either next week or the week after.

I think everybody deserves to be left standing. They weeded out most of the bad players.

I think Josh, Jeremy and Jon are not long for this game. Jeff has already said it is a funky season and that the traditionally "strong" players (aka, players who make "da big moves") may not win. It is tough to assess who is in the best position because you can't really assess who is going to be targeted solely because their partner is still around. Part of me thinks Missy is in a great position, because she seems to have ties with Jeremy/Natalie, John/Jaclyn and Keith. But maybe she gets targeted at the merge because Baylor is still around. Survivor has never been a fair game and a twist like Blood vs. Water only amplifies the unfairness.

I think the players in the best position are Natalie, Alec, and (if she doesn't quit) Julie. I think, Jeremy is way too big of a threat to stick around for a long time. I think the pairs would be wise to team up and cannibalize the single players but... I think the opposite will likely happen.

I like Baylor. She is okay. I don't really dislike anybody this season. The most egregious person was John Rocker and he just seemed to be a walking disaster, so.