Question for you Gamers

ChrisO

Thinking about investing in a NextGen Console... soooo, the question remains XBoxOne or PS4? I'm just looking for gameplay, also is there cost for online stuff outside of regular price like Netflix/WWE Network? I don't do a ton of online gaming unless it's Madden or CoD or something like that

Both systems have paid subscriptions for online multiplayer now, though PS4 has a few free to play offerings that you can play without a subscription. Not entirely sure if Xbox followed suit in that regard. But outside of multiplayer games (and normally a few other relatively minor features like group chat) though, no. Like, you can access services like Netflix, WWE Network etc fine, go download additional content, demos etc etc etc.

Normally these kind of questions boil down to what your circle of friends have/are likely to have but as you say, multiplayer isn't a big thing for you. Might be worth looking up a list of exclusives for both platforms and seeing what takes your fancy from them.

I'm pretty torn on the issue myself. The PS4 certainly does seem the more able of the two systems, showing itself as more capable of handiling games since launch and with better hardware, possibly long into the future. I like the infrastructure Sony has with accounts and what not, allowing you to download certain games across PS3, 4 and Vita and on the whole they seem to have handled themselves well in contrast to Microsoft who has changed so much since their initial unveiling. But, in terms of actual games, it's the One that I would lean more towards ATM with stuff like Sunset Overdrive and Crackdown so...I dunno. <_<

Pretty much go with what you preferred from last generation - that's the way it ended up for me. I've owned both and I have to say that I ended up sticking with the One because it felt familiar and I like the way that Microsoft has been handling things - I like the feel of the console a lot and I like how Microsoft keeps expanding and building upon on the console's functionality.

See I'd disagree there. A huge part of what made the One attractive was that they're re-releasing... 4 (I think it's 4) of the Halo games in one package around Christmas. As someone who's never played X-Box exclusive series that's a big plus for the One (and similarly the rerelease of the Last of Us must have similar appeal to those who had the 360).

Personally I do prefer the One due to games like Sunset Overdrive and the Halo collection, but I'd love to be able to play Knack as well, so I might have to pick up the PS4 at some point >_>

I currently have a PS3, but I had a 360 before that, so I'd be pretty familiar with either one, maybe more so the Playstation. But, I've heard good points and bad points of both, so i wanted to get your all's opinions, because with a lot of the games, correct me if I'm wrong, that are coming out for NextGen and the CurrentGen (PS3, 360) the NextGen games are getting all of the features that's gonna make games better then previous years

People seem to like ps4's controller. You should test both and see what you want to hold for 7 or 8 years.

From a friend, PS4 controller is good, but the analog sticks are extremely wear heavy. So you're gonna be swapping those out if you're playing a lot.

At least, that was his experience, and he's a FIFA gamer.